What do you say?

E

entity512

I am gunna build a new system from scratch.

Heres some of the things i shall be placing in:

1X80GB maxtor hdd
1X40 IBM Deskstar hdd
1xTDK DVD+RW
1xMITSUMI CD-RW
1x256 stick of corsair memory (PC3200) + good low latency stuff
1xNewish graphics card (AGP 8x and 128MB) - please recomend??

Now the part where i am stuck is the processor and mobo...

Im sticking with a AMD athlon but what speeds nice and cheap?? Im looking around £60 and the motherboard needs to support my memory and cpu, i like gigabyte.....good/bad? What model???

Help me please, i am completely confused as what parts i should get to build a good gaming and fast system on a budget.

Gary Graefen

In Runtime
Maxtor harddrives break ALOT-get a western digital or samsung or ibm 7200 rpm. An athlon any where from 1ghz and up is good. I run an 1100 and my system is faster than most 2200's. Utilize cacheing and good maintenence you'll be happy.

E

entity512

well...

Ive already got the maxtor. And my current system has been running smooth with the exact same 80GB dimondmax9. Anyway, thanks! I am stil stuck on the motherboard issue.....

babywipes1

Solid State Member
For a tight budget, I'd recommend an athlon xp 2500+ "barton" (80 bucks on newegg.com) and an nforce2 motherboard ($60). I'd also recommend buying a second 256mb stick of ram ($40). The extra ram will give your computer a tremendous speed boost - definitely worth the extra 40 bucks. As for a video card, let me know what your budget is. The radeon 9800 pro, which can be found for $220, is damn fast - almost as fast as the 9800xt (which cost 400 bucks).

bluto

Banned
camers said:
I am gunna build a new system from scratch.

Heres some of the things i shall be placing in:

1X80GB maxtor hdd
1X40 IBM Deskstar hdd
1xTDK DVD+RW
1xMITSUMI CD-RW
1x256 stick of corsair memory (PC3200) + good low latency stuff
1xNewish graphics card (AGP 8x and 128MB) - please recomend??

Now the part where i am stuck is the processor and mobo...

Im sticking with a AMD athlon but what speeds nice and cheap?? Im looking around £60 and the motherboard needs to support my memory and cpu, i like gigabyte.....good/bad? What model???

Help me please, i am completely confused as what parts i should get to build a good gaming and fast system on a budget.
You asked What do you say ?
I reply What do you know if your completely confussed ?
It doesn't seem like much on doing this.
List your desires to an expert and let him/her build it.
;) :confused:

E

entity512

I want to build it my self, im not getting a 2600 anymore, decided to go for a 2800+ barton core. And for graphics a Radeon 9600 128MB.