What do you plan on upgrading your pc for christmas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i have neither packaging nor the prepaid sticker. also, i have to get it weighed for postage at the post office.

I'm in no rush actually, only thing really kicking my rig's butt at this point is Oblivion, and that's with a crapload of mods in there :D

Newegg's morning Shellshocker was the OCZ Vertex 60 GB for $190 after rebate, so that's the second half of my SSD Christmas! It's going in my media PC...finally some silence! ahhhhhh

Just got 4 GB ram for my computer a few days ago to upgrade from 2gb. Now I can take full advantage of 64 bit windows 7 I think my mobo is bottlenecking the new ram though

I'd like to upgrade my computer, but don't have the funds - nor do i actually need to.

My q9550 may not be the latest core i5/7/9 but it's overclocked to but it's at nearly 3.8ghz and does not struggle at any game whatsoever, so an upgrade would be pointless.

The 4870 still plays all the games i play and want to play at 90percent highest settings (only one or two settings i have to take off max) so i don't need a new gpu either, although if i had the money i would happily upgrade to a 5970 (wouldn't we all).

About the only thing i could do with is finally getting round to replace my crappy 1gb stick of ram which stopped me overclocking (i took it out so i could OC and as such left with 3gb of ram) .

Maybe for my birthday in August, or next christmas will see me with a new build.

I'm kind of into my console gaming at the moment, there are over 15games that i want by the end of april alone which is costing over £600 so i will no doubt save some money for that and i am adding games to it all the time. There is just so many games coming out, Gran Turismo 5, BFBC2, Splinter Cell Conviction, ModNation Racers, Mass Effect 2, Crackdown 2, BioShock 2, Max Payne 3, Alan Wake, Thief 4, Huxley, Red Dead Redemption, Mafia 2 and the list just goes on and on. I am actually having sleepness nights thinking about how to get the money :p Oh and i need the Logitech G25 for GT5 too, i'd love the G27 - but some things are just totally out of reach money wise.

This is the only downfall of having both a PS3 and 360, twice as many games to buy, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom