What do you guys think of this? (Kinda long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I'm NOT TRYING to fight anyone. I hate when people say that, because everyone is always fighting something. Ever sped? Well, your fighting then...in this case the laws/law enforcement system. Ever argued with your parents, or done something they don't want you to do? Guess what, your fighting them too.

Second, I don't understand why were doing this project, when I think that the Bowling Congress project would have been better for us to do because your marketing something to a huge population. I think that would have been more productive and helped us understand the whole marketing concept better, especially since we'd be getting feedback on the presentation by people who acutally market stuff for a living.

Another thing is the time. You get time IN your shop class to build the stuff. Granted, we have the time in class to do the powerpoint, but for the presentations, we have to leave school. That means I miss class time/notes/explanations for my other classes, one of which is not all that easy to make up, because there are specific deadlines that need to be met for that class. If we were doing this during finals week, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it, seeing as how the periods those 3 days are a lot longer.

every one has to miss class for other class field trips and what not all the time
just the other day i had to miss the first 40 minutes of biology and lunch to finish a cabinet for shop
your just going to have to try harder the next day to get caught up, ever gotten sick or missed your ride to school??? same idea except they dont hold it against you if you are doing something for another class

your doing this project because your in a marketing/advertising class, that class is there to teach you how to sell products and ideas, which is what your doing in this project. hows that hard to understand? seems like a no brainer to me

every one has to miss class for other class field trips and what not all the time
just the other day i had to miss the first 40 minutes of biology and lunch to finish a cabinet for shop
your just going to have to try harder the next day to get caught up, ever gotten sick or missed your ride to school??? same idea except they dont hold it against you if you are doing something for another class

This is actually the first field trip I'd be having all through high school (I'm a senior right now BTW), and I haven't known that many people who have gone on trips during school, because my school simply doesn't have all that many field trips. Yeah I would have to work harder to get caught up, but the one class is a lot of building/trial and error stuff and fixing/rebuilding things, so that can take some time. And I'm not trying to use that as an excuse. Yes, I have been sick once this year, but that was during a really easy project (model rocket w/ directions), so it wasn't that big of a deal. And I never miss my ride, because I drive myself.

your doing this project because your in a marketing/advertising class, that class is there to teach you how to sell products and ideas, which is what your doing in this project. hows that hard to understand? seems like a no brainer to me

I never said it was hard to understand, just that I kind of felt that there were ulterior motives behind part of the class. Like I said, I personally think that the Bowling Congress project would be more beneficial, but whatever. We'll see how this all plays out.

Anyway, I was not trying to start an argument here, which it seems it is starting to come to, therefore, /thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom