What Do I need to make my PC faster ? And Better for Gaming ?

cross_marian

Solid State Member
Hi, I want to ask if what should I need to buy to make my PC faster and Better gaming, I have a Budget of 80$ which I saved up for 1 week.. :eek:

This is my current PC Specs... ;)

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
Intel Pentium 4 630, 3015 MHz (15 x 201)
ATI Radeon X1050 (256 MB)
WD 200gb + WD 80 gb 3x ( 2 aren't installed )
Nanya M2Y1G64TU8HB4B-3C 1gb

And Also can u pls tell me what is the price of my Ram, Processor and the others in $$.. Thats all thx ^^..

The only thing worth doing with $80 is adding another gig of RAM. But if you really want to improve gaming performance, then you should save up a bit. $150 can get you a 9600GT and $130 can get you a HD 3850.

Hi, I want to ask if what should I need to buy to make my PC faster and Better gaming, I have a Budget of 80$ which I saved up for 1 week.. :eek:

This is my current PC Specs... ;)

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
Intel Pentium 4 630, 3015 MHz (15 x 201)
ATI Radeon X1050 (256 MB)
WD 200gb + WD 80 gb 3x ( 2 aren't installed )
Nanya M2Y1G64TU8HB4B-3C 1gb

And Also can u pls tell me what is the price of my Ram, Processor and the others in $$.. Thats all thx ^^..

It's overall pretty slow. First off, video card would be holding you back in slightly older games, and in newer games the CPU and ram would make playing them near impossible.

Your processor is hardly worth 50$, your motherboard is worth about the same, video card is worth like 20$, and ram is worth 20$.

i would say for that kinda system your prob better off getting another Gb of RAM

Yes, it's not worth spending $80 on a new graphics card since you won't be getting much for that price.

Your computer's performance is only as good as the weakest component that you have. If I you don't see any extra money coming your way in the near future, I'd go for a RAM upgrade, which would not only boost your performance in games, but would boost the overall speed of your computer in all applications. If you could wait, you would definitely see a bigger increase in performance if you went with a video card, I'm using 1 GB of RAM and a 6800GS right now and it's coping with the newer games with playable frames (though admittedly I haven't tried something on the level of Crysis yet). This upgrade wouldn't particularly benefit the other programs on your computer though, apart from letting some stress off of your CPU for when you're playing videos or something like that.
Your best bet though, would be getting a new system all together as all the components in your build are rather outdated.

^_^ ok I've decided :rolleyes: , Ill save more money until I get 150$.. But one last question what is Better? Nvidia's GEFORCE 9600 or AMD's ATI Radeon HD 3850 ? :confused:

The 9600 should be better IIRC.
Keep in mind though, that those two cards that you're asking about will be hindered in terms of performance because of your other components. It doesn't really matter what the specs are, if your CPU can't keep up with your video card there will be a loss in performance and you won't be getting your money's worth. But the 9600GT is a pretty future proof card that you'll be able to transfer over to any newer computer you decide to buy in the future.

Oh and just to make sure, your computer does support PCI-E right? not AGP?

Yup, it supports PCI-E x16...

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 (S-Series)

So should I buy a new Processor or Ram to make them balance ?

Then if it is then can u give me a Processor that suits the 9600 the most and for my motherboard? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom