What Can you send to an IP address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToroMan25

Baseband Member
Hello folks,

What can you send to an external ip address that is behind a firewall and a router? Is that even possible? If so how?

I said no cuz for me to be able to send somethn to a machine, I need a port beside the IP address and without knowing or having a specific port, I don't see how one can easily be able to communicate with my machine without of course exploiting or hacking to my system. I am not talking about hacking here. I am asking about using a single external IP address if you can send something to a pc? If you say yes...let me hear you, if you say No then we are on the same page.

Any idea?

depends on the hacker as well as how good the firewall is. AND if you have any ports open, even if there aren't any posts open, people CAN still get in.

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at, sending a file to computer, when you only know the i.p?
i've heard about a vpn, which should allow you to send files, i don'y know much but look into it

Death Row said:
I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at, sending a file to computer, when you only know the i.p?
i've heard about a vpn, which should allow you to send files, i don'y know much but look into it

-Let say I have a computer that is behind a firewall. I am connected to the internet. You are my friend and you do have my EXTERNAL IP address(say a dynamic one). Can you send anything to my pc just using the ip address?...whether it is a file or a single string(command).

-If someone is on a VPN, meaning he is already connected to a network so he should definitely be able to send files to those computers that are already on the network...but that of course depending on what kind of network he is on and what privileges he might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom