What can I do with the hardware I have.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
The hardware I have in my cupboard. I have loads of it. MoBos, Ram, PSUs, HDD, and bags of cables.

Has anyone any idea what I can do with it. The only thing I dont have is cases or chassis to house the components in. I was gonna boot the MoBos up from shorting the pins but I dont really have a spare desk I can use at the minute and I dont want to sell the components off.

I have the stuff to build a full system or two or even three but after a while my apartment looks messy and cluttered with electronic components laying around.

My cupboard is about 6ft by 4ft and the cupboard it self is half full of electronic stuff like computer components and bags of cabling. Its full from the back to the front and its half way up the walls. You have to be careful when putting stuff in in case stuff falls out. Its about 7 feet in hight the stuff in a cupboard about 6 by 4.

Anyone any ideas. It would break my heart to throw it away or sell. I want to use it.

^Seriously, best suggestion. The longer you leave it sitting in your cupboard doing nothing, the less it's going to be worth.

Unless you're going to go full time into running some serious locally hosted stuff, you'll never utilize all that equipment. It's just going to go to waste.

If you're feeling generous, local charities are always looking for workstations and sometimes even need servers

Back
Top Bottom