What can I do to bypass my router for PS3?

Mandingo

In Runtime
I have a Arris TM602G Modem and a Cisco Linksys EA3500 Router. My Ethernet cable runs from my modem to my router and from the router I have 3 hard lines comming out. One of them is going to my PS3. The problem is, when I use my PS3 thru the Router I get Nat type 2 and I unable to play with a couple of my friends due to their internet speed. If I run the cable directly from my modem to the PS3 I get Nat type 1 and have no issues playing with anyone online on my PS3. I have tried disabling and enabling UPNP on router, and changing my MTU rate. Is there a way I can use a network switch or a hub to bypass my router? Any help would be very appreciated.

Try adding your PS3 to your router's DMZ. If you do this, make sure you setup your PS3 with a static IP in the network settings.

That, and/or try forwarding the ports in your router for the games you want to play, and disable UPnP along with this.

What will I put in these areas to run my PS3 in DMZ? Source IPv4 Address I take it would be my static IP address? What is destination?

Source IPv4 Address:
Destination:

Back
Top Bottom