What Can I Do About This?

Xomphos

Baseband Member
Hi,

I recently got a new 22" monitor to replace my old CRT 17". It is a great monitor by the way (Acer 22"). Anyways, I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to it with a VGA cable and my problem is the audio connectors. It works, but the short amount of cable for the audio connectors on the VGA cable is really stretching the cable. I want to make it more loose but don't know what to do. This isn't the specific cable I have (I have the Microsoft one), but that little dongle in the middle is what I use to plug in my audio cables into my speakers (Digital BA735). Is there an audio cable I can easily get that extends the reach? Additionally, since I switch cables between the PC and Xbox 360, would an audio splitter work so that I don't have to switch the cables everytime?

Thanks!

Thanks, but I am looking for something to extend it. I was thinking of having a Y-Splitter plug into my speakers and then plug my computer and Xbox 360 audio into that. Would that work? It seems like the opposite of the Y-Splitter's original purpose.

Thanks!

Thanks, but I am looking for something to extend it. I was thinking of having a Y-Splitter plug into my speakers and then plug my computer and Xbox 360 audio into that. Would that work? It seems like the opposite of the Y-Splitter's original purpose.

Thanks!

You can often run into problems running two outputs to a single input. The different impudences can cause havoc.

plug your xbox into the input on your sound card and you can make it so it comes out on your computer speakers, and what i said would extend the audio cables.

You can't run 2 things into 1 speaker, you don't want to know what will happen :(

You can't run 2 things into 1 speaker, you don't want to know what will happen :(

haha no, bad idea... i take it we both have learned from experience? i know i have.. :rolleyes:

take a couple pictures for me, like what audio inputs you have and what needs to go where, also your desktop/gaming work area, ill be able to find the exact stuff you need alot easier if i can see it..

haha no, bad idea... i take it we both have learned from experience? i know i have.. :rolleyes:

take a couple pictures for me, like what audio inputs you have and what needs to go where, also your desktop/gaming work area, ill be able to find the exact stuff you need alot easier if i can see it..

I messed up a TV speaker like that, I was like 8 years old and was messing around with my TV, then again, I guess it's a good thing, because when that happened, I started looking into sound systems to replace it.

I probably wouldn't even know how to plug in a speaker, let alone build a computer if it wasn't for my experimenting :)

Back
Top Bottom