what best

Reb

In Runtime
what best software for web browsing i got acer want get good security software my mate uses norton what you think best as lap top keep getting viruses

AMD_man1

Fully Optimized
I've always used Bitdefender or Avast. If you are already infected you should try running MBAM, Adwcleaner and JRT.

If those 3 don't find anything, just post back. There are some other things to run.

ChirunoScarlet

Baseband Member
I'd just run Windows Defender/Microsoft Security Essentials and have MalwareBytes, anyone know about the recent event of CCleaner being infected after Avast bought them?

AMD_man1

Fully Optimized
I'd just run Windows Defender/Microsoft Security Essentials and have MalwareBytes, anyone know about the recent event of CCleaner being infected after Avast bought them?
I read about it in Malwarebytes news section or whatever that's called. I haven't used CCleaner in a while though. Luckily I didn't update it either.

~mr mixx~

The Candyman
Yeah I heard about that exploit, but I use an old version of Cclener so I don't have to worry about updating it cuz it works just fine.

Also, I never use the registry cleaner of ccleaner. I never trusted registry cleaners so I don't use them.

EDIT: Also I heard the version that got infected was version 5.33