what benefits from water cooling?

smithers3628

Solid State Member
i know what water cooling is and i know how it works but i was wondering what hardware actually gets benefit from a water cooling system. is it just the cpu? can you have more than one thing cooled? does everything the tubes pass get cooled? i just want some answers before i invest into a system. thank you to everyone who responds

Well the cpu is cooler and so in theory will last longer so heat shortens the life of a cpu . But if you have $$$ to spend on watercooling you prolly have a gaming pc that will be upgraded before the cpu is dead .
ANother thing to consider is that you could overclock it higher as it is being cooled more
One other advantage is it is pretty much silent as there are no fans etc

its not silent. I'm running 3x120mm fans on my rad right now. And i can tell you its far from quiet. Water cooling just takes away the heat from the copper faster than air does. Thus it keeps your temperature deltas lower than air cooling. But keep in mind like air cooling, you can't get better than ambient temperatures, unless you're using a bong. And it does cool the chips it passes through, provided you have the blocks and the good contact. You can cool the RAM, Mosfets, video card, cpu, northbridge, southbridge, etc. As long there is a block for it, you can cool it.
Keep in mind that the radiator only has a certain heat it can dissipate within a certain amount of time. So you can't cool everything with one radiator.

you can get fan free kits but there in the 200$ zone. you can basicly cool anything with a WC kit. most people usually just connect it to there Video Card and there CPU and then they overclock them as far as they will go.

fan free is just as good as high end air cooling. No benefit and just a waste of money.

really just a pain in the ass
if your a serous over clocker ull be using liquid nitrogen
other wise a really high end cpu cooler and case can work wonders

I remember that video from YouTube when some of those guys ghetto rigged a PC to use liquid nitrogen. THat was neat to see. Every temp registered as -100 degrees, lol. The CPU was OC'ed to like 5.2GHz or something like that and it was still cold.

I didn't memorize the whole video, lol. You can feel free to watch it if you like. Search the Social Lounge threads and it's there. It's -100 something degrees, let's put it that way. I have no clue what the hell a cascade is either.

Back
Top Bottom