What are your religious views?

Lac3y

Daemon Poster
I myself am an atheist, which is pretty common in Britain (I think studies show about 40% of the population are non-religious).

I know in America statistics claim around 80% of the population are religious, and around 50% don't accept evolution and believe the earth is about 10,000 years old (lol).

So what are your views?

Lets see how long it can go before personal insults start :D

Im an aethist too, because i believe that religion is one big hypocritical mind-control tool :) But thats just my personal opinion

Lets see how long it can go before personal insults start :D

Im an aethist too, because i believe that religion is one big hypocritical mind-control tool :) But thats just my personal opinion

This is a pretty mature and civilised board so I think we can have a discussion without resorting to insults.

I myself is an atheist too.

My parents gave me a taster by taking me to church, twice, when I was very young. But they allowed me to make my own decisions.

And I also believe that people use religion to fill in missing gaps in their lives. Or to give answers to those that can't decide themselves.

Thats just my personal view.

You are your god and only you can make things happen.

I'm agnostic I think. I'd believe if I had proof, but since I'll never get proof, I won't believe.
I definetly don't believe the world was built in 7 days, or however it was.
I do believe its been here many millions of years, and that dinosaurs did roam, etc.

i myself am atheist always have been and always will be , my parents let me make my own choice . i went to a chirch of england high school and now am at a cathlolic college however neither of them expect you to be a practising religious person , i just dont choose to accept that this was all created by one person and think all religions are just one big man made idea
which along with politics cause a lot of problems
However i never begrudge anyone else thier personal choice to believe whatever they want , as long as they dont preach it to me or tell my i am going to hell for not believeing , thats when i get annoyed and defensive and attack their religious believes

oh and at the op threads abpout religion or politics round here always cause arguments because some people cant just leva it at stating their opinion they have to tell other people they are wrong etc which usually leads to flam wars but we will see

oh and at the op threads abpout religion or politics round here always cause arguments because some people cant just leva it at stating their opinion they have to tell other people they are wrong etc which usually leads to flam wars but we will see

As long as an argument is backed up with evidence and reason I see no problem with debating. I don't mean using ad hominem attacks though. Attack the argument, not the person.

As long as an argument is backed up with evidence and reason I see no problem with debating. I don't mean using ad hominem attacks though. Attack the argument, not the person.

Hey i agree totally i dont mind debates about anything and everything but round here that generally never happens people attack each other personally rather than forming a reasoned argment they just fall to silly pettish arguments , or at least people have done in the past and it sucks cos i enjoy a good debate

Back
Top Bottom