What are you listening to/watching now?

Saw a few episodes of this old but super cool and trippy kids anime called Matchless Passion Gozaurer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyoKi3a27VQ

It's pretty badass and ninetiesy but in as few non spoiler words as I can:

Some fifth graders defend earth from a race of aliens that are also robots that come to earth wanting to take it and absorb our resources and turn earth into a place for machines and kill us all or turn us into robots. The kids have mech suits that are in the shape of different dinosaurs and can form together into a big dude like voltron.

Not too late for the ever popular yet uncreative modern remake, .... >ahem< Hollywood you reading my posts?

It is really cool, I only saw the first two episodes but daggum japan did tv right back then!

Just saw two new snowboarding films that were really cool.

Fruition, which is a bio of Nicolas Muller. And the the new Arbor Snowboards team movie, Cosa Nostra.

Aqua teen is sweet! Meatwad got the money, see.

You know the intro jam for the original first few seasons was 80s gangsta rapper Schooly D.

Only one of his albums I remember was 1990 self titled but it was cool and you have to understand, mainstream rap at the time was mc hammer, ll cool j, lame stuff like that and Biggie was a few years away from national exposure.

I remember hearing Schooly D at parties and it was very strange and deja vu when aqau teen came out and he's on the intro. I recognized the voice from youth but didn't realize until my friends got me season two dvd and it had special feature that shows that theme being recorded.

Studio time I guess is expensive, and Schooly D idk had ever seen even a photo of aqua teen, and he went in that booth and freestyled for about 45 seconds and they recorded and edited it into the theme song.

It's a great show to use drugs and watch.

Made by same company as Dragon Ball Z.

Listen to the opening theme, it's score is the same marching music as in DBZ entire series, most particular the Cell Game saga.

It's about a karate championship tournament in Japan 1949, first one after the war, first since the Toto regime banned martial arts study and schools.

Made in 1975 starring Sonny Chiba. I am 7 minutes in and Sonny is in the finals wearing rags from the gutter and a string for a belt against school trained contenders with clean white fighting gee and black belts.

***Spoiler: I have never seen this movie but Sonny is hurting these pro guys really badly and he's too fast for them to even really see let alone defend against. The cinematography might seem cheesy today but I mean these guys were all in 75, this production value for what they had where they were at the time, it's pretty awesome.

I love all Sonny Chiba movies and the ones he inspired (Tarantino also heavily influenced by fung fu movies, Sonny is even in Kill Bill 1 as master swordsmith of legend Hatori Hanzo, a not subtle homage to Quentin's appreciation for Sonny's films.)

Back
Top Bottom