What are you getting for christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh after my weekend home for thanksgiving i already bought all my christmas presents. South Park seasons 1-10, Family Guy volumes 1-3, and one of the 350 dollar walmart laptops. Heh, ya im broke again.

all i want for Christmas is my computer up n running, my parents r helping me out finally.

the only thing i will be missing is the video card n soon to be Phenom. I'm waiting for the HD 3870 x2 to come out n high-end Phenoms to come out. Instead, ill get the 5000+ x2 Brisbane black edition, sell it to friend when the high-end Phenoms come out.

why is your PC down?

because i replaced the Windows XP loading screen default thing with a customized one, which was pretty cool. It said Windows XP Living Metal Edition, which represents the Necron race in the Warhammer 40k universe.

when February hit, that was when i wanted to OC my 6600 LE as far as i can using the Nvidia control panel in patch 93.71. I successfully did OC it, but on the safe end because i had it auto adjust it for me. I then wanted to OC it more and the computer reboot itself. When this happened, my computer brought up a message saying that it couldnt read windows/system32. I didnt know what happened until i later sent my computer to one of the formal ppl who helped build my computer *boy he was not nice* and he emailed me back telling y my computer wasnt working. He said all i needed was a Windows XP boot disc to fix the problem and to also back up my data, which i still have today. I backed it up and realized that i didnt have the boot disc itself and i requested one from my bros friend, even mentioning ill give him money. So he sends it to my bro, to me, and its a pirated copy of Windows XP with no key on it. I installed it but couldnt finish it without the key, i talked to my bro for it, he suggested i get it off the net n i finally realized that the place i got my computer built called iGamelan ripped me off a pirated copy of Windows XP the whole time. I placed the disc in a case, our cleaning lady must of moved it, and now i lost it n boy my bro was ****ed n still ****ed today.

iGamelan was not a success and was closed sometime in late 05. I found out they ripped me off a pirated Windows XP, which worked well unlike my close friend's copy which was pirated too. I paid around $700, hardly new much about computers at the time and i should of built it on my own but i was desperate to have my own computer instead of sharing one with my family *which i have been doing since February 06*.

so here i am now, more educated then those idiots at iGamelan n still learning something new almost everyday about computers. In order for me to repair my computer, i need a full version, not upgrade, of XP but hey, $30-$40 more and i can get Vista Ultimate instead. The result is that i need better hardware of.........everything including my noisy, vacuum sucking, case, which i hate.

i tried all year to get a job, which was extremely hard because i walk, not drive, because i dont have my driver's license yet and i just turned 19 on November 18th. I have tried balancing my school, driving, studying, and other circumstances at home and i have 6 bros, 2 sisters, but now live with 5 bros and 1 sister, plus my parents, and lastly my Spaniel Corgi mix dog, Kobe. Most recently my sister's friend lives with us and has *soon to quit* a job at Cold Stone. I submitted over 25 applications from 05-07, most which i repeatedly reapplied. I got 4 interviews, the last being with Cold Stone thx to my sister's friend for hooking me up to them after submitting 3 applications to them.

ok, to end this story, ive been working at Cold Stone, walking distance, as the only ice cream maker for - well just recently - 12 hrs a week - use to be 10 or less - since September 13th. They have been paying me "under the table" money and not deducting taxes either. In other words, did not pay me for training. This is illegal and my dad is helping me with a soon to be lawsuit with them. The lawsuit, according to my dad and his lawyer, will not happen until i quit or get fired from Cold Stone. U dont know how hard it was for me to get a job anywhere here in Riverside, IT'S PACKED!!! This is y i cannot leave them because i would have a hard time again getting another job, which i have not been doing too well because of school work. I did recently submit applications to Mission Grove Theaters *CinemaStar* and Best Buy for seasonal or temporary jobs. I hope i get a job somewhere else, so i can sue Cold Stone's ***!

there, now u and others know my story and what i want for Christmas. Here r all the parts i want to get. My parents have agreed to pay $700 and i pay $480.

GIGABYTE 3D AURORA GZ-FSCA1-ATB Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE 3D AURORA GZ-FSCA1-ATB Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate DVD
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate DVD - Retail

MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard, deactivated but price is set to $179.99, $6.61 shipping
Newegg.com - MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Black Edition Processor - Retail

ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound - Retail

Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler
Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail

Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

PC Power & Cooling Silencer Quad (Crossfire Edition) EPS12V 750W Power Supply
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad (Crossfire Edition) EPS12V 750W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, RoHS - Retail

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

i already have a good sound card, and im still waiting on the HD 3870 x2 to come out. I'm gonna try to sell my CPU that i will get Christmas to other friend of mine who wants to build a computer under $800 once i see a decent, high-end Phenom x4 or FX come out.

ok, now u know my story of my stupidity ^_^.

What I want for Christmas is:
A video camera (might just buy that myself)
A Digital SLR. (might just buy that myself)

I will most likely get:
A Crappy dinner.
A Book.
An a kick up the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom