What Are You Currently Listening to?

I don't use XM anymore. I had it for a few years but I have a local station i like and a m/SD for my music. If i start rving again i will start using XM again.

I don't use XM anymore. I had it for a few years but I have a local station i like and a m/SD for my music. If i start rving again i will start using XM again.
If SiriusXM will continue to offer me 1 year subscription for $60, I'll keep subscribing. I've managed to get that price for 2 years now, we'll see what happends when it comes up for renewal again.

SiriusXM is much better now. It used to be that you could only listen on a single radio with a subscription. However, now it can play on your phone or Alexa. I can listen to it at home using Alexa, when I'm out & about using my phone and in my car while driving.

I only need 1 subscription to be able to have SiriusXM in both my vehicles. One vehicle has the subscription so I listen using the radio. The other vehicle I use my phone and plug it into the AUX jack so don't need a subsciption for that vehicle.

When I got my Focus back in 2017 it had a trial for Sirius. I honestly couldn't see the appeal, as it seemed like just regular radio to me. I've been so accustomed to not having commercials on anything for at least a decade now that anything that stops to talk, run an ad, or whatever it infuriates me.

It's appealing to people that travel such as RVers as you can pickup and keep the same stations as you drive unlike local radio stations that have a limited range.

It's appealing to people that travel such as RVers as you can pickup and keep the same stations as you drive unlike local radio stations that have a limited range.
I guess, but still same thing to me personally. When we took a trip south we created a long Youtube playlist of everything we liked and then I put it all on a flash drive. Half way on our way back we switched to Amazon music for more generic stations.

Personally, I never create playlists as they require too much effort. When I listen to music from a flash drive, I just use "shuffle->All" to randomly play the music.

I mostly listen to the 60s or 70s music channels on XM. Some of the stories the DJs tell can be interesting. As I said, for $60/year, I like it but can do without it if they want me to pay more.

I do create playlists but the old fashioned way and only for my car stereo, which happens to be stereo too, not 5.1 or something (never mind).
It's folders containing tracks of what I make an album out of. Nothing fancy.

Back
Top Bottom