What are BT doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could argue this for a long time :D.

Anyway... the outcome of this is that i saw Fiber in the back of a BT van down my road... O Look !... There laying down the whole road :)

Lucky Me, I expect a letter soon...saying 'Apply for Fiber Now, 50MB just £75 a month, and a starting fee of £200 to get connected to the main wire...' Why cant i be rich :(

i told you it was fiber its actually pretty cheap, so i say upgrade to fiber it has better up/down speeds.

i told you it was fiber its actually pretty cheap, so i say upgrade to fiber it has better up/down speeds.

Fibre is only good if they are going to connect it to your house. The idiots (Optus) that are offering fibre in my area don't want to hook me up because I live in a commerical residents.

Lucky Me, I expect a letter soon...saying 'Apply for Fiber Now, 50MB just £75 a month, and a starting fee of £200 to get connected to the main wire...' Why cant i be rich :(
Because you blew all that money on getting your PC geared up for a game (Crysis) that are now no longer interested in paying.

We are a nation of people expecting unlimited, no throttled full speed internet access 24/7 for £15 a month. In reality that barely covers the BT connection cost per month (at £8.97) with out any central costs (£1.5million per annum per 622Mbps).*

As you can see however see how much it costs and chose/recommend ISP's carefully.

*(The price went down a bit in April and haven't checked by how much. It wouldn't be much though.)

My DSL is 1.5M, and costs me $32.95 a month (16.70 GBP or 39.94 AUD).

Virgin ( formally Telewest) boost your conetion speed every 15 months or there about, I am on a 8mb line with Virgin and my mobile is virgin and I have never had a problem other than a modem breaking and it was fixed in 24 hours of me reporting the fault.

well luckily for us here in the US Verizon is installing fiber into the house they just gotta bury the cables and set some stuff up first, and unlike at&t the fiber goes all the way into your house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom