What Antivirus And Malware Do You Use?

What Antivirus & Malware Do You Use?

• Total voters
Its what i use. I tried putting Malwarebytes in but it acted up weird! took it out and tried again with same results. Its out for now.

Same here. Every time I ever used 3rd party AV something got screwed up. Even in the old days I did not use AV and just took care of the system.

I seriously wonder what y'all do to make common programs "mess up" your computer. I've used Malwarebytes exclusively for years now without a single problem. It's essential to keep the kids machines clean here.

For my personal rig I have no AV, Defender is hard disabled via Winaerotweaker. I scan my machine every 6 months for a sanity check with Malwarebytes but that's it.

I just use the built-in Windows Defender for AV. I scan with Malwarebytes about every 6 months or so and all it ever finds is a few tracking cookies.

Its what i use. I tried putting Malwarebytes in but it acted up weird! took it out and tried again with same results. Its out for now.
Same here. Every time I ever used 3rd party AV something got screwed up. Even in the old days I did not use AV and just took care of the system.
Is someone messing up their computers with common programs here?
I mean you said it yourself lol. Malwarebytes has been common and mainstay for years and one of the most trusted programs out there. Without it these kids (mine) would start to understand how annoying it is needing to format their machines every time they clicked on something they shouldn't. We call that learning the hard way.

I meant the Win 10 built-in AV when he said it was what he use. Not that I used those AV's. It was like a couple of times only really. They screwed things up immediately upon installation, not thru use. Some version of Norton was know to cause a problem with Win 98 if Internet Explorer was not updated (don't remember the details), after the update it made the system slower, and I once used AVG and it refused to be uninstalled when registering annoyed me. That, and only that, was about it.

By common programs you mean the AV's on the list?

Other than Windows AV, I normally use Glarys Utilities and Malwarebytes. This new windows version is messing up everytime. I could not load programs and go to different sites. I ended up removed it from my computer, (After i got everyone back in, It messed up the install again). Took it out and got things finished. When i tried it again, it started it again. Still out. Don't know if windows 10 v2004 is screwing it up as many have said, or the age of my computer is doing it or both. I checked and the version i had, it was the same i pit back in. I was having other issues too with that v2004. I took the whole system out and formatted the drive and reinstalled a older release of windows10. I am at v1909 and that can be locked to not allow it to upgrade to 2004. Everything plays nice like it did before that v2004 was put in. I think i am going to let it stay around v1909 for awhile. I don't want a repeat of the last time. That copy pretty much screwed up my system completely! I have heard of folks just letting the current software stay active for a few months before changeing versions. I guess we will see.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom