What annoys me the most!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it bothers me because it's like "are you from a civilized country or are you a neanderthal?"

What I mean is, what makes you think of eating with your mouth open as uncivilised?

It just sounds disgusting. I don't want to listen to the sounds of someone smacking their lips and food being squished together.
I do agree the sound is bit... distracting.

Distracting, annoying, gross. Do you eat with your mouth open (honestly asking, not trying to say anything)? This is getting OT haha.

Edit: I deleted something, it wasn't so appropriate ;)

Do you eat with your mouth open (honestly asking, not trying to say anything)?
Funny thing is, I do :p As does everyone else I know IRL - all my friends + family. 'Cept my great-grandmother, she abhors it (and elbows on the table, and using a tablespoon to eat trifle).

But yes, getting OT now.

Another thing that annoys me - when the police ignore you when you try to report a stolen bike. I could even tell them who stole it and where they lived, but they didn't do anything about it.

Hey to each their own.

Annoyance - living where the mark up on decent computer parts are insane compared to the states. (Phenom II x4 940 = $292 vs. $189, 4870x2 1GB = $529 vs. $410...plus 5% sales tax here)

Yup exams+coursework here too :( All of my coursework is due in this friday, then my first GCSE exam is on the 12th. Still, had yesterday's bank holiday, and study leave today, so it's all good.

Already on Study Leave! :eek:

We don't go on 'till nhext week :(

Do you have any funny things that the year 11's do at your school when they leave...?

Since I go to a Catholic school (I'm not religious, it's just the best school around), we have a leaver's mass this friday, which is compulsory attendance for all year 11s, despite the fact I'm going back for sixth form. I would 'arrange' to be ill on that day, but in the past anyone who didn't turn up got a visit from teh truancy people, which is incredibly annoying since we don't actually have any lessons that day, so half the day (it's also a half-day of school) is wasted on some stupid ceremony.
And then we have the prom in a month or so, which I won't be attending because I will be on holiday.

I'm not 'properly' on study leave, ask me via PM if you want to know more.

Annoyance - living where the mark up on decent computer parts are insane compared to the states. (Phenom II x4 940 = $292 vs. $189, 4870x2 1GB = $529 vs. $410...plus 5% sales tax here)
I'm totally there with ya buddy. Except over here it's 15% tax :(

What I mean is, what makes you think of eating with your mouth open as uncivilised?

Because in the society I exist in most people eat with their mouth closed, and are rather well mannered and the only people that I've seen eat while smacking are... uh... how to put this delicately... not of the same socioeconomic strata as myself - so I guess the real answer is self identity. If I was poor, uncultured, and had no sense of dignity then I might be comfortable smacking my mouth.

I had a problem with that while working at the mall - some people would waltz smacking away "Yall got Uggz??" - no, go away.

Funny thing is, I do :p As does everyone else I know IRL - all my friends + family. 'Cept my great-grandmother, she abhors it (and elbows on the table, and using a tablespoon to eat trifle).

If I was poor, uncultured, and had no sense of dignity then I might be comfortable smacking my mouth.

... I will start taking bets on the fight who wants in? :p

It just sounds disgusting. I don't want to listen to the sounds of someone smacking their lips and food being squished together. eecckk. And it shows lack of manners and respect for other people eating. I guess it's just the way I was raised.

true...makes the person sound like a dog eating.

When I'm talking on the phone at the desk here at work and some jerk HAS TO come over and stand at the desk and talk away on their cellphone.

LISTEN I'M ON A STATIONARY PHONE! YOU ARE ON A CELLPHONE... FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO HAVE YOUR CONVERSATION SO I CAN HEAR THE ONE I'M TRYING TO HAVE.

Idiots...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom