what all does vista have

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
ok im really wondering what exactly does vista have that xp and other versions have. i was wanting to know so i dont waste more money then what it needed. ive heard that its great but i was wanting to know what other add ons it has other then what xp offers.

borat_sagdiyev said:
vista is -not- worth getting, just for its pretty interface IMO

You haven't used the final release, then. It's got more features than XP, it does most things faster as well.

Personally I don't see much beyond the interface. The interface is very nice don't get me wrong, I just don't think that the product is worth the price or the tight rope of DRM that microsoft puts on us. I think that interface wise it's their best OS and it's a huge leap in a new direction for microsoft and hopefully it's better than all their other operating systems in the past, although XP has been an outstanding OS for me so far so that would be hard to top.

Windows Vista is a new operating system with Features like Glass Xp( Which fesilitates Tranceparncy), Tumbnail on task bar which will show a tubnail of minimized window, Latest versiion of windows media player(11th Version), MS office 2007 is also available with windows vista.........And offcourse its very beautifull to look

troy272 said:
Personally I don't see much beyond the interface. The interface is very nice don't get me wrong, I just don't think that the product is worth the price or the tight rope of DRM that microsoft puts on us. I think that interface wise it's their best OS and it's a huge leap in a new direction for microsoft and hopefully it's better than all their other operating systems in the past, although XP has been an outstanding OS for me so far so that would be hard to top.
Yeah, speaking of DRM, Bill Gates has slated it, there is an article about it in Pcpro. Makes ya think about getting Vista when he is calling it himself :)

After test riding Vista for the last few months, I have found that unless you have a top of the line computer, and use the "Ultimate edition", you will not gain anything by upgrading from Windosw XP. Although the security is greatly improved, Microsoft is still playing catch up with Apple and Linux as far as overall usability. Another feature "Internet Explorer 7" comes with lots of development originally found in Mozilla Firefox.

For the average home user or small business owner, Windows Vista Ultimate will be to expensive ($399) and cumbersome due to the 'protect you from yourself' features that come with the User Account Controls. They appear to have spent more on securiy, than on developing better and friendliar user controls

I am not saying that Windows is bad. I myself use and like Windows XP on one of my PC's (mainly because most of my clients use Windows). They finally got out most of the bugs. It is just they are still trying to catch up with Apple and Linux.

I used it for a few days, and I find it just the same as XP, except with more themes. Once I get another copy, ill whack it on my new machine, and we'll see whats what, because I wasn't getting enough juice for it on my old computer, this new Pent D, should do it justice!

Back
Top Bottom