Were on Fire

I've been thinking of members & their families who live in or near the area, it must be terrifying for you, in England it's been on every TV news report, it moves so bloody fast, 50 - 60mph, we've seen the aerial drops of water, but it looks like a losing battle, they're saying that the extremely powerful winds are being funnelled towards the area by a valley between some distant hills thus increasing the windspeed even further.

the thing that makes it a million times worse is that they think it was arson.

I've been thinking of members & their families who live in or near the area, it must be terrifying for you, in England it's been on every TV news report, it moves so bloody fast, 50 - 60mph, we've seen the aerial drops of water, but it looks like a losing battle, they're saying that the extremely powerful winds are being funnelled towards the area by a valley between some distant hills thus increasing the windspeed even further.

That's the bad thing about when fires get that big, alot of times you just can't do a damn thing but let the fire burn until conditions are favorable for a attack. When fires get that big they can generate their own weather...some literally have "Storms" in them and even Tornado's can form in a big fire. I know the Firemen are doing all they can to put it out but you certainly don't want to risk any lives in putting the fire out, material things can be replaced.

the thing that makes it a million times worse is that they think it was arson.
It may not have been intentional, all it takes is one careless act like throwing a lit cigarette out a car window to create such a mess.

It's on the front page of msn.com...

http://www.msn.com/

Millions evacuate. I even have cell phone shots of the fire. So close. It's darker in the evening, but you can see the red and orange glow right over the mountains where I am. Looks like hell---and I mean literally.

It was a state of emergency, and now, it's in a state of federal emergency. It's everywhere now. The wind creates "jump" of fires everywhere ranging from San Diego, all the way into San Bernardino. They travel all over spanning miles to reach other destination like locusts plaguing the mountain ranges.

As for the fire, only one fire "Irvine fire" was believed to be arsen. All the other ones are natural. The high wind forced fires to jump to other locations, hence it's widespread fury. I personally know people that can't go up to their homes because the freeways were shut down. This is bad and it's the worse I've seen in my life. I thought the one we had three years ago was bad, this one is the worst ever.

That really sucks man. It's scary enough knowing that it's in your state, but being able to see a ravaging fire threatening you and your neighbors must be crazy. California must be hell right now.

Here's a few pictures I took with my phone, personally:

1023071825yf4.jpg

Pretty sick huh?

0524071731aot3.jpg

0524071735qp8.jpg

The latter ones, I stuggled with it since it got so bad. I just showed the early stages of that fire, but later on taht evening, it was literally greyed out everywhere. We all had to wear masks and stay indoors. Plus, the heat didn't give us any relief.

Here's a few pictures I took with my phone, personally:

1023071825yf4.jpg

Pretty sick huh?

0524071731aot3.jpg

0524071735qp8.jpg

The latter ones, I stuggled with it since it got so bad. I just showed the early stages of that fire, but later on taht evening, it was literally greyed out everywhere. We all had to wear masks and stay indoors. Plus, the heat didn't give us any relief.
Good god:eek: you poor things, wow, hope you're coping, stay safe, it's risky taking those shots!!

You see this on TV a lot but never realize the scope of things when you're actually in the middle of it. I'm sure a lot of people are watching this all over the world and think, "Oh, ok. There's another fire. All righty then". You guys are lucky not to experience this because it puts a damper on everything. Yesterday, there were more ashes than there were smoke. It was like snow, but not.

Bush is coming down this THursday to see firsthand and whenever you have the president come down like this, it's a pretty big deal. This is the biggest natural disaster to occur since the flooding of New Orleans awhle back because it's fire---it has the potential to grow bigger and spread farther out than a typical hurricane disaster.

You see this on TV a lot but never realize the scope of things when you're actually in the middle of it. I'm sure a lot of people are watching this all over the world and think, "Oh, ok. There's another fire. All righty then". You guys are lucky not to experience this because it puts a damper on everything. Yesterday, there were more ashes than there were smoke. It was like snow, but not.

Bush is coming down this THursday to see firsthand and whenever you have the president come down like this, it's a pretty big deal. This is the biggest natural disaster to occur since the flooding of New Orleans awhle back because it's fire---it has the potential to grow bigger and spread farther out than a typical hurricane disaster.
+ 1 pos rep for your bearing up under all that stress.

Back
Top Bottom