Were on Fire

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
This morning Malibu Canyon caught fire and burned to 2,000 Acres. Now, A little over 12 hours later, Over 60,000 Acres have burned. There are now 15 Fires burning. (Malibu, Ontario, Canyon Country, Lake Castaic, Lancaster, Irvine, Orange County, Tustin, Irvine, Riverside, Inland Empire, Aqua Dulce, Etc, Etc.), and the list is being updated every 15 minutes. The winds where I'm at are now gusting to 90Mph, With gusts expected to 120+MPH. Homes are chain burning, Homes on the Beach are being torched.

Here's a few images, But this is the WORST I have ever seen. These images are of JUST 1 fire, The Malibu fire (One of the smallest.)

ISOWNER I hope your Ok, as well as all other South Cal Residents.

Firestorm5.jpg

Firestorm4.jpg

Firestorm3.jpg

Firestorm2.jpg

Firestorm.jpg

They have just declared a State of Emergency.

It's real hell. I'm near Malibu right now, and the air is real thick with smoke.

I'm sure my yard will be filled with ashes in the morning. The harsh winds don't help either.

Edit: I just has some family call from Irvine. They're packing up right now. Looks like it's gotten real bad.

Oh yeah, I'm watching the news right now. We have extreme high winds here!!!! All day and we can smell the smoke. There are literally ashes and dust all over the place. It's hard to breathe outside so we all kept indoors. This wind is horrible and it's spreading the fire everywhere. I'm over here by Irvine area (close to it) and it has caught on.

Malibu is getting hit pretty bad!! Even here where I live, I'm sandwiched between the Irvine/Ontario fire. The wind condition isn't helping with fire prevention as we're getting almost hurricane strength wind conditions.

This reminds me of the fire we had a few years ago in the San Bernardino Mountains. I had to replace all the filters in my car because they all turned black. Now, I may have to do the same thing again. And they're not cheap, especially the cabin filters.

Here's live TV coverage with 20 second delay from the news I'm watching on TV right now (UPN 13) sister station to Fox 11 news.

http://media.myfoxla.com/live/

http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/News;jsessionid=DFE71070A85AAD2B129DA05A09C82597?pageId=3.1

OMG,. its spreading into Pomona now!!!! Only 20% containment in some areas and 0% containment in most areas!! Wow, I hope I don't get trapped in this triangle!!! The smoke smell is pretty bad here. Just got an update: we're experiencing Category 2 Hurricane winds right now. Wow...

Back
Top Bottom