well no more firewall testing

Hackslayer

Daemon Poster
since I got dsl I can't rally test firewalls anymore just some of them not many

well here are my last

Outpost firewall

this firewall had some great features but I couldn't test it because it would not let me get online

windows firewall

windows firewall has great stealth and blocking but it will not let that I could find
configure it so to not let certin programs on the internet somtimes that can be bad

later

Hackslayer said:
Outpost firewall

this firewall had some great features but I couldn't test it because it would not let me get online

I had a trial of Outpost Pro - it was really good. But it expired, so I got the free version of Outpost Home...

I know how you feel. It portblocked literally everything without giving me any information on how to open ports, or even let me do so. I had to uninstall and reboot before I could even get Firefox working on port 80.

Get Kerio Personal Firewall. I've been using that ever since, it's damn impressive too - shows you just what ports are in use by what apps, how much traffic is coming in and out of each one, and where they're connected to - very useful in a Hall of Residence at Uni where we have people stealing each others' iTunes libraries.

Back
Top Bottom