Well my new CPU cooler came in today

PokerDegenerate

Daemon Poster
So I am running some stuff right now just to see how everything compares to stock cooler stock paste: Stock cooler, MX-2 paste : AC Freezer 64 stock paste: AC Freezer 64 MX-2 paste.

But I did get a 12 degree idle drop from stock stock to AC stock. and a 10 degree drop from stock fan, MX-2 to AC stock paste. (under 100% load Prime95)

After all this I am going to OC for a while and get temps then Put MX -2 paste on and see how that works for me at the same settings.

LOL you thought i was done after that huh... NOPE then Im gonna lap this baby and see that... Man I really need a life. The highlight of my summer is going to be comparing CPU temps under different circumstances... I am such a geek...LMFAO

Why dont you just get yourself a watercooling setup man? I see tons of charts where people are listed that hit 4.5ghz - 5.5ghz on water with the phenom II x4's

I really havent done it before and right now really just dont want to mess with it. Maybe after this I will give it a shot but for now i will stay scared of the H2O..:D:D

I just mentioned it because you seem really motivated to keep those temps down xD

You should post some pics of the cpu cooler in your case man and post some hwmonitor load temp screens, because your A64 is similar to my scythe mugen 2 im interesed in seeing how hot phenom II's run

this one was at 44 idle with stock cooler and i have it at 38 now with the AC64 stock paste. I am sure when i hit a wall OCing this the whole water setup will be on my mind...:D:D

I just really started OCing and really like the challenge which is why I stepped up to this CPU over the 920 I had. But the more I learn and the more I push it the more I want to go so Im sure within the next 3 to 6 months I will prolly be under some H20 LOL...

It's such a great feeling. I pretty much hit a wall at 3.6Ghz with my processor. I haven't taken it back up to 3.6Ghz since. Way too much heat for my liking.

Back
Top Bottom