Weirdest Computer Troubles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBlair

In Runtime
What was your weirdest computer trouble (Software or hardware) that you've ever ran into, and how did you fix it? (If you did fix it.)

When I was building a friend's PC, whenever I would move the mouse, the PC would shut off. I was totally baffled by this. After about 2 weeks later, I changed the power supply, and the mouse problem was gone. Weird...

i got a good one...i was laying on the floor next to my pc petting my cat, when i seen movement by the pc, and a wire broke off of the 120mm fan...it slowly decended to my 150$ vid card, and moved right, then fell...my luck, it landed in the space between the x16conn and the mobo and hit like 3 pins with pure 12+...i didnt fix it...the mobo, ps, and vid card were all fried(now their peices, sledge hammer!)

Friend's computer.
He's always had a few problems with it booting up in order to detect the second drive. At this stage, I have not even looked inside it yet.
Anyways, after a few months, he disided that he want to upgrade the motherboard and CPU. Back then it was the Windows 98 days where you could get away with changing motherboard and about the only thing you would need to do is install the motherboard drivers.

Anyways, I get down there to change is motherboard. I took out the motherboard, put in the new one. And then next thing i know is that it's not booting up. So I start troubleshooting. 2 hours later, i have checked about all the logical things that could of gone wrong. So I start working on the illogicals things before writing off that the motherboard is DOA. First thing I do is check the IDE jumper settings.
It turns out for the last 2 1/2 years, my freind was running 2 master IDE hard drive on the one IDE channel. It did explain why his other hard drive took a few restarts in order for it to boot. But over all, we all know that that computer should not of been working in the first place.

i found some poop in my parents' old computer

cockroach poop or something similar. not alot, but it was caked around some caps and transistors and what not. either way, it was somehow causing the pci soundcard not to work :shrug:

I blew it out with compressed air and everything worked fine again

One time while i was trying to install a new mobo and gpu i got a pretty weird experiance

While i was turning on the computer i had my hands all over the mobo and the case.. but what i didnt know was that one of the wires was lose and was touching the inside of the case.... ( it was some cheap cathode lights)

I got this weird shock

It was a pretty mild shock and i could feel it go all the way from my hand to my shoulder, it kinda felt like a shiver

Then i ran into my bathroom all freaked out and i flipped the light on and........... ZAP!!! i got shocked really bad.

After that i ran to my metal bunk bed and tried to discharge all the static electricity.

Funny thing is, is that my little sister was their and she freaks out when ever she sees me work on the computer. Keep in mind that this was my first time ever putting together a build, so just imagine how freaked out i was. It probably had something to do with the horrible thunder storm and hail outside..

(wow, shoulda thought about that b4 i worked on the comptuer)

lol nice...

personally, my weirdest problem was that when i get a frequency of a high magnitude, my speakers/soundcard just freak out and play this high pitch tone.

One day my parents were in the room with me when it happened, and they couldn't hear it

it was then i discovered the "teen buzz"

and it still happens on Bet On Soldier :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom