Weird!

1337noob

BSOD
Ok, here is what happened.

I cleaned up my PC using McAfee power clean. I then defragmented the HDD and left the computer on while I went for a walk. When I came back, none of the programs would work. Then when I went to restart the PC and it trys to boot, but just keeps restarting. I can't acess desktop or anything to help. Sounds like maybe the HDD is corrupt. I have tried resetting the BIOS and trying another hard drive. MÃ¥ybe this is boot sector virus? Don't know. Maybe you people might.

You give us no info as to o/s, What brand system, etc. Karnak left the building when Johnny Carson died.

per said:
You give us no info as to o/s, What brand system, etc. Karnak left the building when Johnny Carson died.

The O/S is windows XP pro. It's a emachines. This isn't my PC, so I don't know to much about it.

YOU WANT ME TO USE THAT TO DIAGNOSE THE PC THAT WON'T EVEN BOOT? IF I CAN'T BOOT THE PC, THEN HOW THE HELL WILL I BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THAT AND TELL YOU WHAT I HAVE? LMAO... computer noob.

Could be your psu, i had an emachine, that started acting funny, slowed down, then it wouldn't boot, it eventually fried my cpu, mobo, and graphics card

Don't know if this will work on an emachines.
How to do a system repair.--Boot from the xp cd and go past the recovery console to the install menu. Select repair the existing installation. You won't lose any data except the xp updates. Unless you have a slipstream sp1 cd you will have to d/l sp1 and all subsequent updates. You MUST have at least SP1 installed and the updates for security reasons. Be sure the firewall and A/V is active before going online as you will be susceptible to sasser and msblaster. If you don't want SP2 go to autopatcher.com and d/l SP1 and subsequent updates.

Nope, that didn't work. THe PSU is fine, but yea that happened to me also. Emachines are not the best computers.

Back
Top Bottom