Weird Temps....

Status
Not open for further replies.

meefle

In Runtime
So i had an ASRock 775VM800 mobo with my P4 prescott 521. Now that board read the temp at around 50C-60C. So i OCed a little, temps stayed the same. The other day i was runnin Prime95, got back and my comp had a weird message on the screen and when i restarted, it was really really slow. So i reinstalled drivers and everything and still the same thing. Well i had my new upgrades on its way from newegg (new mobo, ram, hd, vid card, PSU). So i put everything in today, and my CPU temp is readin 35C-40C. O yea i do have a scythe ninja on it ;) and had it on it with my ASRock. I've tried multiple programs and they all read the same temp (Speedfan, PC wizard, Everest home edition, even BIOS said 35,36). My mobo now is an Albatron PX915P-2V. So far i'm likin it better than my ASRock, its actually got CPU voltage options in BIOS so i can OC more. the only thing, idk which temp is right and i have no money to buy a temp probe to put between the CPU and Heatsink :(

Any1 have any ideas?

if all of those programs AND ur BIOS are telling u its 35C then its 35C. the temp chip would be reading correctly. i noticed u also got a new PSU which could have something to do with it. ur other mobo might have been giving it too high a voltage too. although that temp seems a little low for a prescott...

Its the overclocking dude....

Processors are clocked for a reason, and the reason is for an instruction to to finish during a pipe cycle....if its not finished...and the processor is improperly clocked...the forwarding logic will cause more cycles per a process cause the processor to slow down...

Here are ref specs...
AMD with Intel Arch = 14 stages
Intel with Intel Arch = 30 stage {soon to be 14}

All the stages must be saturated with an instruction for optimum performance.....

If you improperly overclock a processor, then you may have heavy interal and external fragmentation....

Im not sure why your temp didnt go up....are you sure you overclocked the correct thing...

It may be ram....therefore it would seem your ram is failing...
Unclock it and run memtestx86

Temps were like that before i even touched an overclockin option in BIOS. How do u improperly overclock a CPU? nvr heard of such a thing

I found that OC'ing didn't really change my temps at all. That is, going from 2.02GHz to 2.35GHz. Temps changed maybe...5C at both idle and at load. What changes temp is mostly your core voltage, coupled with extensive core clocks. But, changing the core clock alone doesn't affect the temps too greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom