Weird Telecom Glitch...

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
So I called my buddy to let him know I'm calling a cab for him - I call the local phone number for Yellow Cabs and an operator answers asking me what the dispatch address is. I tell him and the phone begins ringing immediately, at which point my friend answers... I look at my phone and it now says I called his cell phone!

My other friend who was with me at the time is a bit of a conspiracy nut and claims it is the telecom company's automated switchboards "assuming" I meant to call my friend's cell (instead of the cab company... kind of like a telecom autocorrect, if you will), either due to the gps tracking based on the address I said or my recent call history.

My best guess is its just a crazy glitch in the software controlling it all, but I really have no clue how this could happen... so here I am asking anyone still reading.

tl;dr - I called the cab company and they transferred me to my friend's cell phone... how?

*queue twilight zone music*

But it was probably a weird glitch, I've had similar things happen with my phone.At least a couple times I've apparently called someone I didn't...

More than likely you somehow managed to end your phone call and ring your friend (especially possible with a touchscreen phone), and he happened to answer immediately.

I have had instances where I call home, no answer, hang up, and almost immediately my phone starts ringing from a random stored number on it, yet, i am the one doing the calling.

Phones can glitch sometimes.

More than likely you somehow managed to end your phone call and ring your friend (especially possible with a touchscreen phone), and he happened to answer immediately.

Most definitely not, but I thought about that... I do have a touch screen but it has been responding so slowly it literally takes 3-4 seconds to end a call, and another 2-3 to start a call (and the ringing began immediately after I told the guy the dispatch address). I also confirmed that he wasn't calling me and I clicked over or anything funky like that.

Back
Top Bottom