Weird issue, my website doesn't show uploaded images.

BadDisciple

Baseband Member
Hello,
I've got a weird issue with my website that I've built here and few years and it always worked as I made it. Suddenly (might be since few months!), it doesn't show two of the pictures I've put on it (one jpg and one animated gif). The pictures were uploaded (through FTP) in my remote host and are visible there. While I test my website in few browsers from within my computer, it all works fine and it shows them. So all links are ok. But still it doesn't show them on my website on the Internet. I've repeatedly re-uploaded them but still they're like non existing. What on earth could be the weird reason for that??

Thanks for your feedback!

BD

Permissions would be one thing I'd check.

Both file-level, as well as directory level (depending on where they were uploaded to) to make sure the web server can access them, as well as anonymous users.

Are you hosting the site yourself? If so, what web server software are you running? If you're not hosting the site yourself...who are you hosting it with?

Permissions would be one thing I'd check.

Both file-level, as well as directory level (depending on where they were uploaded to) to make sure the web server can access them, as well as anonymous users.

Are you hosting the site yourself? If so, what web server software are you running? If you're not hosting the site yourself...who are you hosting it with?

What do you mean by permissions? [I'm not a pro in website building :) ]
I've checked the two files on the remote directory, the ARE there!
I also, erased and re-uploaded ALL the files and directories on the remote site
but the result is exactly the same - they don't show on the Internet but they
show well when tested with browsers within my computer.
I am with 'Mad Dog' for hosting.

Remark: Τhe two files are, one jpg with that well known picture of the Earth map
with the night lights from space; and one gif (animated) I've made with personal graphics.

Back
Top Bottom