Weird clicking noise on a new laptop

I have exactly the same issue on my brand new Toshiba Satellite. I took it back straight away and got another brand new machine...... exact same noise, could both be bad HDD but the odds...... I would love to know if anyone has a different idea, sounds like click of death to me, but like I said, the odds for 2 machines in a row.

I audited my HDD with seatools on all scans, no probs found

Hey guys. Sorry for the gravedig, but I wanted to update you on this post that I made last year.

I do believe this laptop model was shipped with a defective harddrive of some sort. I do not know for sure. I never did anything about it, the harddrive is still alive and working well, and there is the occasional clicking that I was hearing when I purchased this laptop.

I disabled pagefile and restarted and I have not heard any clicking ever since then. Not one. This was 2 days ago. My advice to anyone with this laptop and same problem as me, would be to do the same and disable pagefile (If you can afford to do so). If you still hear clicking, there is a bigger problem.

Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom