Weight Lifting

sniperviper21

Golden Master
Ok, so anyone got any easy to fallow tips for weight lifting?
Im considering getting more serious with physical fitness and stuff. I have put on a few Lbs since High School because of crap college food and stuff. But now that im out and getting my life in order, its time to get back into shape.

Right now all i got is a 30lb dumbbell that iv been just using. I'm going to see about getting a weight bench here sometime. So im guessing this is me asking for different work out routines and things to eat, and not eat. Pretty much a crash course on what to eat thats healthy. Im horrible with eating healthy...

If it matters:
20yrs old, 6', around 195lbs.

Try working a summer at Six Flags lifting garbage bags all day. You will get abs in no time. Diet includes Mountain Dew, Zone Bars, and chicken.

Try working a summer at Six Flags lifting garbage bags all day. You will get abs in no time. Diet includes Mountain Dew, Zone Bars, and chicken.

i worked at FedEx Ground terminal in Pittsburgh loading semi trucks and straight trucks midnight - 8am for 2 years doing over 2000 packages a day, avg. was about 25lbs a piece. I know how it goes lol.

haha I tried weight lifting because my PE teacher tried to make me... I couldn't bench the bar.

go eat some Wheaties lol

i think right now i MIGHT be able to do like...maybe 70-80lbs benching. wouldnt mind getting that upto around 170-200 by next winter.

Hey Sniper,

I've been training at the gym for years now, I have a personal trainer as well. Here is quick bit of advice for now (I gotta jet, late leaving for work)

Its not about how much weight you can lift or think you can lift. The most important thing is FORM

You will get much better results lifting less weight properly than lifting a ton of weight improperly, also you will probably hurt yourself.

Also...look up HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) - Nothing beats it and its the best way to burn the fat, lean out and gain muscle

Last thing....Alot of people think working out for 3 hours is somehow good for you...its not....

A good 60min - 90min is all you need

Come on guys benching isn't hard, last I benched was around 225 lbs. It takes about 4 months of training to hit lift a lot.

Hey Sniper,

I've been training at the gym for years now, I have a personal trainer as well. Here is quick bit of advice for now (I gotta jet, late leaving for work)

Its not about how much weight you can lift or think you can lift. The most important thing is FORM

You will get much better results lifting less weight properly than lifting a ton of weight improperly, also you will probably hurt yourself.

Also...look up HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) - Nothing beats it and its the best way to burn the fat, lean out and gain muscle

Last thing....Alot of people think working out for 3 hours is somehow good for you...its not....

A good 60min - 90min is all you need

ok thanks man.

i dont have a ton of time to do it, and i live in an apartment, so i cant get to loud either, sucks.

It was 55 lbs....
A standard olympic bar is 45lbx

Sniper.....if you're going to do this stuff at home, do some research on the net about different weight lifting excercises and how they are done. Make sure you work on your form really well and start light until you get the form down, then you can go heavier. If you try to lift a million pounds with bad form you will end up getting hurt and that will really set you back.

Also, look up diet and nutrition too, diet is 80% of it. Get a meal plan and stick to it, strictly. Make sure you get enough vitamins and protien as well. Protien powder can be expensive but trust me, it works when it's paired with a good diet.

Back
Top Bottom