Weekend workout wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha osiris at first i was like thats on standard olym bench? ****..i doubt that highly. then i read about it not being a standard bench.

I use only standard bench, and my normal routine (everyday) is as follows:
10 reps of 135 to warmup, then 5 sets of 10 of 165lb. Then i do negatives back from 250 by 20 until failure. Then i do 20 reps of 100lb curlbar. Then 15 pullups. Then i start deadlifts with 15 reps of 300. Then military press with 205. Then, becuase by this time my legs are jelly, i do the freewieght 45degree leg squat with 600 for 5 sets of 10.

I wish I could do 30 but I can do 10 reps with a spotter, 7-9 by myself, it's just that last one thats the hardest. ;)

I attempted 405 today and benched it on the floor so I'm thinking I can do it on the olympic bench. :)

I used to work out heavy like that, my supplements were creatine, amino acid, and whey protein. I can still lift about 315, but i shake lol. I will get back into lifting though.

:D
keep in mind I was guessing...everybody is different and everybody does different things. If you were working out a certain part, every other day, but you work out using light weight, or training like you would as a fighter, you can do everything every other day.

BUT, if you were doing things to build...it is typically best to try and work in as much rest time in between as possible, something like 3-4 days in between.

You can group things or do everything separately. I am not sure your age or your goal.

You could do:
routine1
group1: chest / triceps
group2: back / biceps
group3: legs (upper/thigh)
group4: legs (hamstring/calf) / forearms / shoulders
rest day...repeat

routine2:
group1: chest / back / shoulders
group2: triceps / biceps / forearms
group3: legs (all)
group4: cardio
rest day...repeat

now as you can see, you can do anything, but it comes down to spacing for recovery. That's what it's mainly about. Lifting enough to create micro tears in the muscles, consuming protein, and letting the body have time to fill in those tears.

Because I tend to have size and not mass or bulk, I work out differently. I do it to achieve a certain look. You should train according to what you want to achieve. A person who wants to go into mma should not bodybuild.

My routine is rather basic but specific

chest
shoulders / tris / shrugs
back
biceps / shrugs
legs (just squats for now)
I will throw in shrugs in there whenever I feel my body can...the "soft" muscles like the traps and calves can be worked out more frequently, so keep that in mind and mix them in.

back day for me is the most boring **** ever. im not a fan of any of the exercises at all.

my schedule is like this...

Mon: Chest
Tues: Back
Wed: Legs
Thurs: Shoulders (i loooooooooove shoulders)
Fri: Arms

i've tried alot of different ways of setting up my routine but so far i like this way the best. i can get everything i need done for one muscle group in one day. Right now im doing a cutting phase. 3 sets of high reps 1 set of heavy, just to keep my strength up. Then cardio afterwards. Im also restricting myself to a 2400 calorie diet(give or take) which has also been helping alot. I dont worry so much about my protein intake as i get as much as i need from the food i eat. About 160-180 grams.

:D

BUT, if you were doing things to build...it is typically best to try and work in as much rest time in between as possible, something like 3-4 days in between.

You can group things or do everything separately. I am not sure your age or your goal.

3-4 days rest time? im not an old man im like 17!, im just strength training and maybe a tiny bit of body building, i guess ill try to make up a schedule then

that's 3-4 days rest/recovery for the bodypart...foo! :D
4 days on, 1 day off...but the one day off can be cardio, stretching...etc
repeat the cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom