wedding photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so you're going to take the challenge.

The 55-200's are junk, and i'm guessing you can't really afford anything more than that. That sucks.

Out of the two get the VR one. It will help you a bunch with slower shutter speeds but it will not stop motion. It adjust for movement on your part, not the subjects. Like the 18-55, the handling on this thing blows and I pray that you'll never have to manually focus anything. Only use your center AF point and once it's locked, recompose. The center point is your most sensitive and since you're already using slow AF on not only the body, but the lens, you're going to need all the speed and sensitivity you can get. that's one of the reasons why I don't want you to use f/5.6 lenses, they're pushing the envelope for your camera's AF in low light.

Because you're going to be using such slow glass, You need to learn how to pan your shots, otherwise if it's even a little darker than broad daylight, you could have trouble with camera shake and subject movement.

Personally, I would never buy a lens with a plastic mount, I change lenses alot and that plastic would wear down pretty quick if it were in my bag. If you dont' swap lenses much, than you should be ok.

It also might be a good idea to go to a rehearsal so you know where the bride and groom are going to go so you can be ready for them before hand.

Ok so the wedding is done and over with.....

I shot about 550 shots and out of those 550... I got at least 150 great pictures.
The other 400 were either shots of me shooting my random friend drinking or shots that were out of focus, too dark, people closing eyes for portrait...

But anyways this one lady was ****ing me off because she acted like she was the only one who had a camera there. She brought a bag of like 10 rolls of APS, and she was using some crappy little 97-99'ish kodak APS to take pictures. She would get everybody lined up to take a picture and get ready to shoot, mind you that she had to duck when i had my lens up and ready.... When she took her pictures she said "ok thats it, you can sit down now"....... She said that while she was infront of me ruining the shot. So that basically ****ed me off. But what was even better... During the cake cut, she ran out of film and I got 100 shots off during it. She got 0.

Anyways I will post some shots up later. Thank you for the advice switch it helped alot.

Ok here are some resized pictures. They are just a few of some good ones.

wedding1.jpg

wedding2.jpg

wedding3.jpg

wedding4.jpg

the cake cut is an a shallow angle but you could crop it to make it straight. I'm no photographer, my camera is a canon sd100 elf. But I know the diff between crappy shots and good ones i think. >.>

the cake cut is an a shallow angle but you could crop it to make it straight.
Cropping doesn't change perspective, it's just going to make the composition tighter.

I'm no photographer, my camera is a canon sd100 elf
Are you really that ignorant to think the camera makes that much of a difference?

I know the diff between crappy shots and good ones i think. >.>
Art is subjective. Just walk into an art museum, You'll find pieces that you absolutly hate, but the person next you will think it's amazing.

uzi, these defiantly need to be run through some post-production before they can be printed. I hope your monitor is calibrated, and you better not print these on your home inkjet.

I hope you shot these in RAW becuase alot of these are slightly under or over exposed. If you need help with the post-production, just PM me and/or get on vent. I wont' do anything for you, but i'll show you how to do things.

This only took me about 2 minutes,

wedding5.jpg

I did a levels mask, adjusted WB, added a gaussian blur, sharpened it, and added a bit of a vignette:
wedding5_EDIT.jpg

Well they are on the honeymoon now, but their family liked them alot.
Someone mentioned that I should use their kodak easyshare printer to print the pictures, I declined tho... I used to be a 1 hour photo tech at CVS and I know that the photo processing machine is worth at least $175,000... And it is that expensive for a reason, I know I can get way better quality pictures from a Gretag or Noritsu machine rather than a $100 black friday special from KMART.

And cheaper too....

Anyways im not sure if i am getting paid, but this is my first time I originally told them that this was my first time and that I did not require payment.

I did get the 55-200.... But I was dumb and did not pack the 18-55 with me.

Well anyways I got to go to work, and no I did not print them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom