Website software?

blacktop89

Baseband Member
Ok, building websites is not my strong point and I really don't have a big interest in it being one. What I would like to look for is a website builder, other than Microsoft's Frontpage and Publisher. I've hear that making websites in these programs can cause the site to not appear correctly if you're using something other than IE. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestions. I want to use it for my business. Nothing really fancy, just wanting to promote my services.

blacktop89 said:
Ok, building websites is not my strong point and I really don't have a big interest in it being one. What I would like to look for is a website builder, other than Microsoft's Frontpage and Publisher. I've hear that making websites in these programs can cause the site to not appear correctly if you're using something other than IE. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Go here and get NVU it was started from the Mozilla Composer code base and it's free.

Finally! A complete Web Authoring System for Linux Desktop users as well as Microsoft Windows and Macintosh users to rival programs like FrontPage and Dreamweaver.

Nvu (pronounced N-view, for a "new view") makes managing a web site a snap. Now anyone can create web pages and manage a website with no technical expertise or knowledge of HTML.

http://www.nvu.com/

Thanks alot! I'll give NVU a shot. I also found a site that has a download only version of Dreamweaver MX for $40. It doesn't come with any documentation or warranty. Is this worth it? The site is www.megasoftdownload.com.

Back
Top Bottom