Website Problems

Vandiyan

In Runtime
I have been having problems lately logging on to a few websites. I have tried using IE and Firefox and have not be successful with either. Some of the sites that I have having troubles with are my online banking site, www.netflix.com, and www.movietickets.com. I am not sure why I would have a problem with any of these as I was able to get on them with my old computer. I am using the same OS as the old computer. The only thing I can think of is something messed up when I downloaded Firefox. I still have problems with it though even after I deleted Firefox. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tried them since you posted this problem. Maybe the websites were temporarily down at the time. Try pinging www.netflix.com. You can't ping movietickets.com because of their firewall but try them again and see if you can access them. Time can fix some things some of the time. Also, check your cookie settings and make sure that you are allowing cookies and you network settings are correct.

I am at my computer at work right now so I really can not check. These are websites that I have been trying to go to for about the last 2 weeks. So I am sure the sites were not down at all times. I have checked my cookie settings and have even gone all the way down to letting all cookies in. So the cookie thing does not seem to be the problem. Thank you very much for the reply though.

I get the "Unable to Load Page" display. Then it goes into detail about the site might be down and all that good stuff.

I read that some websites are not compatible with firefox and that only 90% are, things like lyods tsb bank are only compatible with internet explorer.

I have tried typing it out all the way and that still does not help. I have heard the same thing about certain sites not being able to be viewed with Firefox but that would not explain why I could still not view them in IE. Some times I am able to get on the home page of my bank's site but when I enter in my user name and password is when I get the unable to load page.

You have probably installed a stealth program in your sytem. Those are secured sites and will not allow you access to them until they can confirm who and what and where you are.
This could have been installed by some third party update and you not be aware of it or if you have multiple users this program can be installed on their settings but still affect you too. This same thing can happen if you try to hide behind a proxy server too as the secured sites must be able to link directly back to your computer for verification.

Back
Top Bottom