Website backdoor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danhodge

In Runtime
So I have known about what I think qualifies as a back door in my schools website for quite a while now, and I was wondering whether this is something exploitable, or just something that lets you view its files.

Index of /wickersley/wp-content/uploads

Now, of course I'm not asking this to personally deface the website or anything, but I am pretty interested in hacking from an educational view; especially since the website seems to be Wordpress, which I would assume would be more well built.

Its not like a hacker left this back door on our website, its just a direct link to its files - like a read-only version of the FTP.

I tried Googling for this, but I find nothing. I suppose that's a good thing really, don't want everyone knowing how to hack a website :p

Are there any good websites that teach you about different ways of hacking a website? If I end up going back into website design, it would be nice knowing what vulnerabilities exist, and how to avoid them.

Thanks, and if this is in the wrong place i apologize. Wasn't certain where to put it.
Danny

It just a directory viewing function which should be disabled from the webserver, but you can't directly hack the web server unless you have exploited the privillage access or login.

Most of hacking are based around those exploitation, but I won't explain further unless I have permission from the Mod. This is a borderline on illegal and legal issue.

What is it with people not reading rules or understanding them lately?!?

6) Keep Things Legal
Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed. This includes talks of Emulators and Torrents. The links provide the information needed.

What part about that Rule gives you the idea we will give you information about how to hack a website???? Especially one that is a School! There is nothing legal about what you want to do and no, we wont give you resources on how to find what you want.

Topic Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom