Web Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawizhacker

Daemon Poster
I'm interested in starting an online store. I bought a webStore creator program, but I have to deal through the compony in order to sell. For example, the website's name is as follows, www.usaplaza.com/*(mysite)* , but I don't want to deal with or through any compony, what are my choises?

Like I saw a 500$ program that windows made that will allow me to create a site on my own, but is the 500$ worth spending? Is there a program that will allow me to to sell multiple items online without anyone over me, as well as having my own hosting name, and being able to deal with VISA, MASTERCARD EST..

Can any one shed a light?
THX in advance :)

You can buy your own domain, build your own site and use Google Checkout or PayPal. I know you have to sign up (free) for both services which can be a drag when you are the consumer, but it could save you the $500.00.

Cheers,
Williwaw

Payment gateways are usually a monthly expense that is in addition to your store cost. Make sure your store (site) is compatible with whatever gateway you go with.

Yeah, osCommerce is nice, but like most, will take some HTML/PHP knowledge to get it exactly as you want it.

So if you don't do that, your choices are to either buy one of the web versions (as you mentioned) or you could find a friend/hire a freelance programmer to get you setup...as once that's done, it's usually pretty easy to maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom