Web Hosting Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

db_21

Baseband Member
Hi, I'm thinking about making a website for my business. It's going to be a really simple, 5 page site. I was looking a 1&1 hosting. Their begginner package is $2.24/month. You get:
1 domain name
5 GB web space
500 e-mail accounts
250 GB traffic
Is there a catch with this? Should i go with 1&1. thanks for any help.

I do not recommend 1&1 for many reasons. The oversell (sell more space and bandwidth they can guarantee), they have support people in india, and they have more then enough bad reviews to look elseware.

It depends on what you need. Keep in mind when you're looking; you get what you pay for.

I can't really recommend a host as you will problably get a biased answer as I am a web host myself :eek:

Sevoma is right. 1&1 offers an excellent price (if that's all you look at). But they oversell, which is probably the #1 thing to avoid when looking for a web host. They also give you problems when you try to transfer your domain to another host.

Overselling can result in a slow server, poor customer support, and a whole bunch of other problems.

If I were you, I would write down what you think you will need to host your web site, and go shopping for what you need, rather than what seems like the biggest bang for your buck.

Check out http://www.hostgator.com. I've heard nothing but good reviews from this company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom