Web host for business website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammy1958

Beta member
We have a company designing our website. They said we could choose to buy our own domain name and host on our own if we wanted. They said if we go through them for the address it is $25 per year. Hosting through a local company they use is $25 per month.

I know Godaddy is the best deal on the address but as far as hosting goes I am clueless. We are not selling any products we just have informational pages with flash and ticker tape (if that is even relavent) on the front page & a blog. Any suggestions?

HostingPlex - very reliable, $3.00USD a month start.

Ben

Just buy a domain from Godaddy and they'll give you their basic webhosting package for free.

I agree with the others. Go somewhere else for hosting and domain services.

For $25/mo, you could get a VPS and actually resell the space you aren't using and make a profit. :) And for $25/year, you could get 2 or more domains from GoDaddy.com (last I checked, .com's were somewhere around $9.20/ea after ICANN fees).

Google "overselling", and become familiar with the practice. Then avoid hosts that oversell excessively. They should be obvious to pick out. Since you want to project a quality business through your site, you should go with a quality web host.

I suggest KnownHost.com. Shared or Reseller Hosting, no setup fees :: KnownHost LLC

No matter what host you pick, opt for the smallest package they offer that fits your requirements, then upgrade later. A lot of people pay for huge packages and only use a fraction of the web space and bandwidth (which is what makes overselling so profitable).

I used hostgator for years with no reason to complain.

Hostgator.com

Great support, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom