Web development software

sunts

Baseband Member
Hey guys and gals,

Im graduating from a 4 year IT course at the end of the year, and want to do a bit of web design aside from my normal job. What software would you recommend for web site building? Im currently using Microsoft FrontPage and find…well…there might be something out there a little better I could be using.
Also, once the site is up and running, I know a domain name has to be purchased, but how do I actually get it on the ‘internet.” Through a service provider at an extra cost yeah???

Thanks

I had the same question awhile back. Another alternative to Frontpage is Dreamweaver.

When you have your website hosted by some company, they have different rates you can have. The more money you pay, the higher priority your website get published on most major search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc. There are different packages you can get. After you get a domain registered from somewhere, you can have it hosted by the same company if they offer it or look elsewhere to find a better host that suit your needs.

I'm a noob at this so I'll probably get owned by someone who knows more about this stuff. That is my general knowledge of it.

If you're not good at making your own web page, there are also hosts that have pre-made templates you can use or company on the internet that actually help you start off with a web page by giving you some really neat flexible templates. Everything cost money though. I wonder how much on average do people pay to keep their sites up and running including registration and fees?

Yep, i recommend dreamweaver although people who are learning the language and is new to it should use notepad seeing as though they can develop their HTML skills
Also if you want you can use HTML kit but i would still recommend Dreamweaver seeing as though there is a nice GUI and you can do everything on the graphical perspective or point of view

most website designers when making complicated websites will use photoshop to design the website, and then slice it (search for photoshop slicing tutorials on google), and then code it in dreamweaver. This yields much more appealing, intricate, and complex webpages, which can not be achieved (at least not easily) by simply just using dreamweaver.

Back
Top Bottom