Web Development Languages/tools

Wella

Beta member
Hi, my name is Jo. I have been out of the IT industry for over 10 years as I stopped working to have kids. I am wanting to get back into web development however I am aware that the industry has changed substantially. Could someone please advise me on the best web development tools/languages that are commonly used these days. I come from a HTML, XML, style sheets, JavaScript background. Your help would be appreciated.

Hi!
Web development has 3 major parts - Front end, Backend and Database.
FrontEnd : for frontend you can start with brushing up HTML,CSS,Javascript and then you can move on to frameworks like ReactJS, AngularJS , VueJS but ReactJS is recommended framework(React is library literally speaking but is often called framework) as it has great learning curve and easy to grow.

Backend: For backend you can go through frameworks like Nodejs(Javascript), Django(python),PHP etc. As you said that you know javascript so Nodejs is recommended and it also has large community for grow.

DataBases:
Realtional or Non-relational Databases:
In Relational DBs data is stored in form of relations(tables) whereas in Non-relational DBs data is stored in objects with key-value pairs.
Some of famous DBs:
Relational:
Mysql,Oracle,Microsoft sql,Postgre sql etc,

Non-relational:
MongoDB,Apache Cassandra,Google Cloud BigTable,Apache HBase etc.

recommended DB is MongoDB(Non-relational).

If you are a beginner then follow recommended technologies. They have large community of developers. If you want to become a good developer then you may need to learn alternative techs depending on your project requirements. But if you are beginner and have no idea of them then you should start with the recommended techs.

Hey,
Nowadays Python Programming Language on Peak. You should Learn about python language which best and also, easy to learn this coding. Python is just like simple English coding and run. You must have some mathematics and problem-solving skills. CSS,HTML, JavaScript is front end and Nodejs(Javascript), Django(python),PHP is backend and Mysql oracle is used for database.

These are some important guides for any beginner to learn if you want to grow in the IT industry. These all programming languages are help in website development and web designing.

Hey,
Nowadays Python Programming Language on Peak. You should Learn about python language which best and also, easy to learn this coding. Python is just like simple English coding and run. You must have some mathematics and problem-solving skills. CSS,HTML, JavaScript is front end and Nodejs(Javascript), Django(python),PHP is backend and Mysql oracle is used for database.

These are some important guides for any beginner to learn if you want to grow in the IT industry. These all programming languages are help in website development and web designing.
I agree with it. Python is a top skill these days. Go for it. Datacamp courses are good to learn python.

I'm sure that you'll be able to get on your feet pretty fast since you know the basics and not much has changed. If you can do it, you can hire iOS developers in order to help you out understanding a different operating system. These days, Apple has really started to take off and it would be a good idea to start learning things about them. A friend of mine had recently started learning to program and now he's working for a pretty big company as a junior. Anything is possible if you're willing to put some effort into it, at least, this is my opinion.

Hi, my name is Jo. I have been out of the IT industry for over 10 years as I stopped working to have kids. I am wanting to get back into web development however I am aware that the industry has changed substantially. Could someone please advise me on the best web development tools/languages that are commonly used these days. I come from a HTML, XML, style sheets, JavaScript background. Your help would be appreciated.
We've been using Ruby on Rails a lot. its great for MVPs, apps, platforms for e-commerce, and complex database support platforms. You can definitely learn more here https://appssemble.com/blog/ruby-on-rails.html

Hey, I hope my answer will still be useful to you.
  1. HTML5: HTML5 is the latest version of HTML, which is the backbone of most websites. It provides a cleaner, more semantic markup and new features like canvas and video.
  2. CSS3: CSS3 is the latest version of CSS, which is used to style and layout web pages. It provides new features like animations and transforms.
  3. JavaScript: JavaScript is a programming language that is used to make web pages interactive. It is widely used for client-side scripting, as well as server-side programming.
  4. jQuery: jQuery is a JavaScript library that simplifies the process of writing JavaScript code. It provides a lot of built-in functions and makes it easier to manipulate the DOM.
  5. Bootstrap: Bootstrap is a CSS framework that makes it easy to create responsive web designs. It provides a set of pre-designed templates and styles that can be customized to fit your needs.
  6. AngularJS: AngularJS is a JavaScript framework that is used for building dynamic web applications. It provides a powerful set of tools for data binding, dependency injection, and more.
  7. React: React is a JavaScript library that is used for building user interfaces. It provides a fast and efficient way to create complex UIs, and it is widely used for single-page applications.
  8. Node.js: Node.js is a server-side JavaScript platform that is used for building scalable network applications. It provides an event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that makes it ideal for real-time applications.
  9. PHP: PHP is a server-side scripting language that is widely used for web development. It is especially popular for creating dynamic websites and web applications.
  10. MySQL: MySQL is a popular open-source database management system that is widely used for web development. It provides a fast, reliable, and scalable way to store and retrieve data.

Our company https://codeit.us/ is regularly expanding its Python and JS staff

Best Regards, Hanna

Back
Top Bottom