Web Developer Position

Dpinkston91

Baseband Member
So, I've begun my journey into 'web development'. I have a working knowledge of html and css, though, only the very basics. To make this short and sweet... I've been watching and reading success stories of people that started with very low income web development jobs, very low-level skills stuff into web development work. I'm 1 month into html and css through a course on 'Udemy'. It's a very popular bootcamp. Any positive insight into the percentages or chances of landing a development gig in approximately 6 months? Is that realistic to think? I'd like to eventually become a 'full-stack' developer, and that is my goal. Though, I have a greater goal of landing a job that works in development in half a years time. Thoughts?

Depends on if you're trying to do freelance or get a job with a company as a developer, really.

So, I've begun my journey into 'web development'. I have a working knowledge of html and css, though, only the very basics. To make this short and sweet... I've been watching and reading success stories of people that started with very low income web development jobs, very low-level skills stuff into web development work. I'm 1 month into html and css through a course on 'Udemy'. It's a very popular bootcamp. Any positive insight into the percentages or chances of landing a development gig in approximately 6 months? Is that realistic to think? I'd like to eventually become a 'full-stack' developer, and that is my goal. Though, I have a greater goal of landing a job that works in development in half a years time. Thoughts?
Udemy is a good choice to learn but I would suggest getting practical exposure side by side by working on side projects. You can get such projects from social media groups as well.

It's been six months... so I don't know where you're at right now, but you did opt for very good learning and educational platforms. The thing is though, webdev takes a lot of consistency and practice. Hopefully, you did so! Another thing that you should've taken into consideration is what specific aspect of web development you're actually gearing towards? One of the most fulfilling and mentally challenging webdev jobs out there are backend engineers and backend developers.

It's a little hard to explain what their main differences are, so I'll just cut myself some slack and link you an explainer article here if you get interested: https://distantjob.com/blog/backend-engineer-backend-developer/

Hope your webdev journey is doing great!

Thank you
It's been six months... so I don't know where you're at right now, but you did opt for very good learning and educational platforms. The thing is though, webdev takes a lot of consistency and practice. Hopefully, you did so! Another thing that you should've taken into consideration is what specific aspect of web development you're actually gearing towards? One of the most fulfilling and mentally challenging webdev jobs out there are backend engineers and backend developers.

It's a little hard to explain what their main differences are, so I'll just cut myself some slack and link you an explainer article here if you get interested: https://distantjob.com/blog/backend-engineer-backend-developer/

Hope your webdev journey is doing great!
Thank you for the information, bud!

I'm doing fairly well if I may! Well, the learning has picked up gear and I'm moving through JavaScript fast. I'll also be learning Node, Express, MongoDB, PHP here in the next month or two.

Udemy is a good choice to learn but I would suggest getting practical exposure side by side by working on side projects. You can get such projects from social media groups as well.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom