WD Raptor Hard Drive?

Ok, I got a job interview tomorrow, and well I know I'm getting the job, because I have a friend that works there plus the general manager was like, "Oh yeah you're one of the people I put on the 'to-call' list." So yeah, chances are I'm getting the job. Which will bring in about, from my calculations on what she said, which is at most a 3 hour shift 3 times a week, so that's nine hours, and our minimum wage here in Oregon is $7.50, so after all the math, it comes out to be roughly $270 a month. So. I have my new rig set up, only I want one of those kick-arse Raptor hard drives.

Only the Raptor, the 74GB one, is S-ATA, so I was wondering. Is it worth getting a SATA II (3.0GB/s) hard drives, or the Raptor, and the Raptor is like $100, so yeah. Which is better, a SATA II hard drive, or the Raptor SATA hard drive?

Also, any comments on me getting my first interview tomorrow would nice! :D

Not to burst your bubble but don't forget about Uncle Sam. I think Oregon is different but I'm sure you'll get hit in some way.

where the hell did u find a 74 gig raptor for $100!
i have a 34 gig one and it was more than that!
but yea def. go with the raptor
and i would get the new raptor 150 gig that just came out

Oregon doesn't have an income tax or a sales tax. So what the tag says it what you pay. It's joyious living in Oregon. The state no one hears about or cares for, which is fine, we love our trees. :)

But will the Raptor in SATA out perform a SATA II hard drive? That's the question I'm askign mainly. :)

1337DuD3 said:
Oregon doesn't have an income tax or a sales tax. So what the tag says it what you pay. It's joyious living in Oregon. The state no one hears about or cares for, which is fine, we love our trees. :)

But will the Raptor in SATA out perform a SATA II hard drive? That's the question I'm askign mainly. :)

What the fuck are you talking about. I live in oregon as well. I work at CompUSA making 9.75/hr AND YES we have an income tax. EVERY state has an income tax. NO we dont have a sales tax.

But dont forget man not only WILL you have income tax but you will also have fed tax and workers comp and w/e else your work has.

for example i work about 30hrs a week and i get paid every 2 weeks so 60x9.75=585 then i have about 150 to 200 dollars in tax

kev said:
What the fuck are you talking about. I live in oregon as well. I work at CompUSA making 9.75/hr AND YES we have an income tax. EVERY state has an income tax. NO we dont have a sales tax.

But dont forget man not only WILL you have income tax but you will also have fed tax and workers comp and w/e else your work has.

for example i work about 30hrs a week and i get paid every 2 weeks so 60x9.75=585 then i have about 150 to 200 dollars in tax

Hey don't swear man it's not cool on these forums. I got my chops busted for swearing like that. Keep this place a little profesional, not some slander slinging forum inhabited by idiots. :mad:

lol, he's asking about a hard drive, not taxs. i would get the 36.7GB 10,000 RPM 8MB Cache SATA hard drives, buy 2 and raid them, works great ;)

All states have income tax. Oregon is the only state lucky enough to not have sales tax. Lucky bastards...

If you want a Raptor, get the new Raptor X's. 150gb at 10,000 RPM. I think it's SATAII. To be honest, you won't notice the difference between SATA and SATAII. Theoretically, the difference is supposed to be big considering the bandwidth increase and speed capacity. But benchmarks and tests have showed that the price to performance ratio isn't worth it for SATAII.

Back
Top Bottom