Ways for a 13 year old to make money.

+1 for mowing, also raking, painting, cleaning out old peoples garages, walking dogs. Do you know enough to start fixing computers for friends and family?

To be absolutely honest it's probably nothing like as easy when you're 13 as opposed to being slightly older.

Being 13 rules you out of "proper" jobs like office temping etc. which can pay reasonably well (I've earned £6.75 per hour doing that). At your age I'd agree with stuff like cutting peoples' lawns, washing cars, perhaps something like a paper round if you can get one.

I've never had a paper round but I know people who did and they made eh-okay money out of it. Nothing special but enough for somebody that age.

Kids dont do paper routes anymore. It's more profitable for companies to contract drivers to do large routes (ie 100+ miles of driving per route) and pay them less than they would to pay 30 kids to deliver those papers.

If you're lucky, you could get a contracted driver to let you deliver a neighborhood for a small ammount of money, but that's more of a favor from them to you, and yould make less than 7cents a paper

you could see if this guy has any work
failing that without some sort of debit/credit card/bank account it will be hard to stuff online, so the stuff above is your only option. it sucked when i was 13, but theres not a lot you can do. just enjoy your freedom. it goes downhill when your older.

but thats only if you are good at that subject, if he was like me, i wouldnt be a good tutor since i am not good at a certain subject but more of an average on all classes.

TBH when I was at school $20 an hour would have been enough incentive to make me study hard enough to get good so that I could teach others...

plus, you're 13, that doesn't mean that you should be teaching other people in the same year/grade as you.

you could tutor people a few grades lower than you at stuff you've already done and now find easy.

I know one way of making money online....but it takes a tarp, a camera, a can of whipped cream, a mirror and INCREDIBLY low self-esteem:p

I kid of course, mowing lawns would probably be the best bet for you because grass always needs to be mowed;) maybe you could try going around to local car dealers and see if they pay anyone to wash the cars on their lots. Alot of the bigger lots contract people to (much like they contract someone to keep the grass cut etc) but some of the smaller car dealers may not have anyone who washes their cars.

Back
Top Bottom