waterproof a video camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
so i'm gonna film a project, trying to do it in a pool for hilarity reasons. and i have to be able to film it with a normal video camera. besides buying a waterproof case which is extremely expensive (unless they exist for under like 50 bucks) what could i do to water proof the video camera long enough that i can get a like 2-3 minute clip?

1)Shrink Wrap it..

2)cling film, or selofane i think you call it ?

3)Hmm. electrical tape around all the joints and edge of lenses etc etc

and just have someone like hold the jar in place? and i don't think i have a jar big enough for it.. haha. thats a good idea though. wouldn't it create some distortion on the picture though?

waterproof.png

it may be preferable to attach the camera to the inside

to make sure the bucket/container doesn't turn around the wrong way, you can tie rope to at least 3 points on the edge, and pull it down from underneath it

they make water proof containers for cameras you know? I know you don't want to spend the money on one but it's better than making some raggedy old plastic thing yourself and losing your camera due to a hole in the shell.

But if you're still wanting to do it yourself use a vacuum sealer used for food on it. Just be sure to keep it from breaking off the eye piece or any other parts. Should work fine if you do it right, just have to reseal it every time you need to change out the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom