WaterCooling

Grundig

Baseband Member
I am going to build my first pc soon and i am wondering if i should get watercooling or not. I don't really undertsand how it works or how much maintanence it needs if any.

Basically what im asking is should i get watercooling if so how hard is it to maintain?

Thanks.

It mostly depends on what your using the Comp for are you going to be playing alot of games and doing lots of design cause if you are your comp is going to heat up more then if you are just using it for homework or internet surfing.

As for the maintence i've never had it so i don't know what the maintence is like but if you are going to be taxing your computer at all i think i'd go with the water cooling.

I've never had it either, it depends if ur going to overclock or not. It sounds like ur not going to be overclocking! if not just go with a artic cooling fan for ur gpu and a artic cooling freezer pro for ur cpu. this will suffice and is alot cheaper. and also get a case with a few fans.

but if u have lots of money to spend it a wise investment!

Watercooling is a very efficent way of cooling your cpu, and will keep it cool under very strenuous situations. It works with two fans (usually) blowing air onto a radiator that is pumping cold air to the cpu and taking hot air in and cooling. The process repeats many times. It's not hard to maintain at all. just fill it with water, the solvent the company provides you with, and you're good to go. Some companies make you refill the pump every year, but I don't see that a lot. Are you going to be overclocking?

I don't intend to overclock till the guarantee runs out on the parts which is about a year or two. It will be playing games and doing some design work. Also video and sound editing. Basically a whole mixture of things

I think you would be fine with air cooling. The only time I suggest water is if you are going to be doing a lot of overclocking or you want an absolutey silent computer.

Yeah, water cooling is only good for people who DEMAND silence or those who want to over clock thier system violently.

If you dont go with water cooling, i would recomend you get the Zalman heatink/fan they work amazingly well from what i hear. Will keep your computer cold

Back
Top Bottom