watercooling w/ 2 rads question

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
would it be bad to have 2 radiators on a single setup? LIke i have the tt tsunami, put a single 120 rad up in the front, and a dual 120 in the back outside. Then ill have a res, cpu block, and gpu block, pump. What should the route be for the tubing? im thnkin pump-120 rad, res, cpu, gpu, dual 120 rad, pump.any comments?

It's actually a good idea, but i cant remember whether it's bad to either , one, have them in a row, or, two, to have them separate.

Example: (2 block, 2 rad, 1 pump 1 res)
One - res>pump>rad>rad>block>block>res
Two - res>pump>rad>block>rad>block>res

I can't remember for the life of me which is the more disadvantageous. If i had to, i'd say the second one is worse. Either way, it's fine to have 2 radiators.

IIRC, it's best to do res>pump no matter what the rest of the loop is like. Makes sense, when you think about it.

My suggestion, if you want 2 rads and 2 blocks (cpu/gpu):

res>pump>block>rad>block>rad>res

To be honest, i haven't been up to date with computer stuff in half a year so my knowledge may be a bit rusty.

After surfing XtremeSystems for a while, i'm confident that my choice in my last post was correct.

i def agree. u want the res before ur pump. make sure u get a bigger pump if ur going to use 2 radiators! u experience the most pressure drop across your radiators so heads up. also having your radiators stretched across ur system will require a bigger pump. the more hose u got, the more fluid friction u have to overcome. most reputable places give u a pump curve so u know if ur system can handle it. calculating the pump head u need isnt that hard... assuming u can get the fluid properties of ur coolant.

I think res > pump > block > rad > block > back to res is the best... That way heat from the GPU is taken away before the water gets to the CPU....

experience the most pressure drop across your radiators so heads up.
Don't know about that. If you're using an impingement style block, that'd probably be where the biggest pressure drop is. That's why cathars blocks really require the powerful iwaki pumps because of their impingement design in particular.

I have mine going pump>rad>block>block and back to the pump. I've got a T-line before the pump. Water generally goes straight from CPU to GPU simply because it takes less tubing and the heat from the cpu really doesn't effect the GPU all that much. GPU will just generally be maybe 2C hotter than the CPU.

The pump puts out heat too so technically I'm taking that out and cooling the water before it gets to my CPU.......but once the water makes a complete loop anyway the only thing you're worrying about is pressure drop. All around the temperature will pretty much be the same no matter how you configure it assuming the water flow is the approximately the same in each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom