Watercooling Setup (I did my homework)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyZ

Daemon Poster
Ok, I read the guide, decided on using the suggested setup with the parts that fit my budget. Decided on how they would fit in my case and here they are:
watercoolingsetup.jpg

watercoolingsetup2.jpg

And here is how I plan on fitting everything:
watercoolingsetup3.jpg

I want to know if the distance from the pump and the radiator is a bit far? Did I have everything planned out right? This whole thing is going to cost me around 400 dollars. Petrastechshop is local so I will be going there to get the parts so I don't have to pay shipping but I have to pay shipping for xoxide. I also need to find some way to mount the heatcore without drilling holes, I am planning on using a radbox. Thanks for the help.

update:
watercoolingsetup4.jpg

Switched to smaller dual pumps because of the space they would save. Switched from heatcore to a radiator. What do you guys think? Everything is around 260 right now.

There's a lot more to watercooling than I thought. Someday I'm going to have to learn all of this :\.

Spent a long time reading the guide and researching for all these parts. then my friend spends 2 minutes and corrected a lot of the things haha.

why dual pumps? it is my understanding that a dual pump system will have the same maximum flow as a single pump. you can get radiators that will fit in a 5 1/2" bay (mostly car heater cores though), but that generally requires heavy modification like adding blowhole fans for airflow. i don't know about mounting the radiator without drilling holes but the hoses can be threaded through a pci backpane.

The issue with the whole dual pumps was that of space. The Laing D5 has the same total flow as the dual mag 2 le's however the mag 2's are much much much smaller and are alot easier to place in a case like Rocky's that has a non standard layout.

double pumps are optimal (in parallel) cuz if one goes out ur system wont burn up. pump failure is the biggest problem w/ wcing (cept leaking)

btw, i cant see what u have planed.... how did u post it (photobucket or something)?

wow, that is really complicated, anyone know of a good watercooling guide, that is n00b friendly.

Me...

Generally speaking, just talk to people that use custom loops. They should have done a lot of hw b4 buying theirs and most are glad to lend a hand. That is what TF is all about.

Yah, I read the guide from xtreme systems. It was pretty helpful, linke here: http://techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=60260 .

I hosted with photobucket, but it is outdated anyways, I have a new setup.

As for radiator heatcore/ I switched from the xioxide heacore to a Swiftech M220 radiator. Will be picking up my parts this weekend. Will keep you guys updated.

As for the dual pump, the efficency is actually better, there is some detailed explanantion of why in the link I posted, but it just is :)

And Andrew(aspire), already said, it would fit my case easier, I have no room for the D5, it would never fit unless I put it in front of the motherboard which would make removing my motherboard a pain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom