Watercooling my Rebuild

If you're purchasing in a year it's useless to choose parts now. The situation will be completely different next year.

Most of the stuff will be much cheaper in a year, and besides it won't be that old, only a year out of date - better compared to 6 years for my other build.

I added roughly all the costs up and it came to about £700 for this years prices, so would I be right to assume about £450 for in a years time?

By the way the guy who said Socket A was a dead socket, the XP-M processors are still very popular in custom HTPC's as they are excellent underclockers as well as overclockers so they are practically silent.

By the way the guy who said Socket A was a dead socket, the XP-M processors are still very popular in custom HTPC's as they are excellent underclockers as well as overclockers so they are practically silent.

I started off with a 1200Mhz AMD Athlon Thunderbird CPU more than 2 years ago. And it was a great set up for about 3 months. It just didn't have the speed and cache sizes to cope with what I was doing. So I had to upgrade.

You will appreciate the extra work the newer components can do.

Most of the stuff will be much cheaper in a year, and besides it won't be that old, only a year out of date - better compared to 6 years for my other build.

I added roughly all the costs up and it came to about £700 for this years prices, so would I be right to assume about £450 for in a years time?

The thing is that by that time you may be able to get a faster setup for the same or close price to the build above. It's one of the things you look at when you're deciding when to buy parts.

The thing is that by that time you may be able to get a faster setup for the same or close price to the build above. It's one of the things you look at when you're deciding when to buy parts.

My cash reserves are quite limited as I am a student (not at university, doing the two optional 16 -18 years in school in Britain, but we get pretty much the same stuff).
To me the build looks good as it will be fast, but not too expensive, the only thing I may change is to that new Phemon II, the 955 as thats £250 now, but so was the procesor I am thinking about getting now, so it will proberly be cheaper next year.

Good Mother-Bard for Gameing.
May i ask where you got it?

newegg?
beacuse i am going to upgrade my HOME COMPUTER very soon.

Thanks for everthing :)

a IT from Microsoft
My friend at school his aunt works for Microsoft.
and she said that FAN-Cooling is better than water-cooling.

She also let me in on a small secret..
Microsoft is going to be realiseing a new Windows Better than Windows Vista. (she didnt tell me the Name) :S

Please PM me next time.
I am Website-Desginer and i kinda dont have time to post on the forums like ALOT.

ok cya.

Why Water-cool a PC.

Lol.

FAN-COOLING is prooven to be better.

She also let me in on a small secret..
Microsoft is going to be realiseing a new Windows Better than Windows Vista. (she didnt tell me the Name) :S

1231_hysterically_laughing.gif

Back
Top Bottom