Water Cooling good?

lacidar

Beta member
Is water cooling really any good. I am going to order the parts for
my new comp and planning on over clocking the cpu. Should I go with water cool and if so which brand or kit?

my comp parts
CPU - Intel p4 3.0Ghz Prescott - $181
Video Card - Celestia X800 Pro - $360
MotherBoard - ABIT VT7 - $70
RAM - 2x 1024 Corsair Value Select PC3200 RAM - $156
Sound Card - Audigy 2 ZS - $80
DVD RW Drive - MSI DVDRW - $88
Hard Drive - WD 120G SATA - $89
Case - Enermax Sweet Looking Case! - $60
PSU - Thermaltake 480W - $60
------------------------------------------------------------------
Total - $1144

Yes, go with water cooling. It will give you more room to overlock without worrying about frying your processor. As for brands go, I have no idea. I have never looked into it. I know more people that has builit a water cooling system than bought one. So if your into modding projects I would look into that.

Water Cooling isnt that great. Plus its expensive you would need a $200 one to support that. Plus its risky.

I just smoked two of my CD/DVD drives with the Water Cooling I had in there. Suck's, now i have no way of putting cd's in.

I recommend just nice air cooling.
Zalman makes some good heatsinks.

You screwed up your ROM drives because you didnt install it properly. Its not just because of the fact that it is water cooling. And if he wants to get the best OC'ed performance he needs to go with water cooling.

well watercooling is a good way to go if you understand the risks and the fact that every several months you have to change the water, add coolant and so and so forth. if your kinda lazy like me, zalman and thermaltake make really good heatsinks/fans

is the zalman that silent as it claims? like seriosely quiet, SO QUEIET THE I CAN GO RIGHT UP TO THE FAN and be able to sleep? cuz im thinking of changing to water cooling aswell, cuz i bought a new fan, and it said the noise was 27.95 in what ever measurement its measured in, so i bought it and i didn't change a bit from the stock fan!

Back
Top Bottom