Water Cooling and Nvidia Surround

FortheHorde

Solid State Member
Ok starting a new build, but im building it in stages. Im getting everything i need to make the computer work (CPU, Mobo, RAM, PSU, OS), then get more ram and the GPU, then 3 monitors.

So a few questions, after i get the monitors, i was thinking about doing custom water cooling. Is it worth the money for a custom loop? i plan on doing some demanding things on this machine.

Also, since this is taking such a long time to save money for everything, should i get an air cooler? or a closed loop water cooler? I dont plan on over clocking to much till i can get a liquid cooler, well if.

Also, what would be a good recommendation for liquid cooling case wise?

Last question, i look to save alittle money and just get a GTX 770, i dont really need all graphics on ultra, but close would be nice. So would the 770 be able to run 3 monitors? not like 4ks obviously, probably mid range led monitors.

So a few questions, after i get the monitors, i was thinking about doing custom water cooling. Is it worth the money for a custom loop? i plan on doing some demanding things on this machine.

Also, since this is taking such a long time to save money for everything, should i get an air cooler? or a closed loop water cooler? I dont plan on over clocking to much till i can get a liquid cooler, well if.

Well that is something you will have to ask your self. Is custom water cooling something that you fancy and will you pay the price for it.
personally i would go with a closed CPU water cooling unit (like the Corsair H60) and buy a graphic card with a good stuck cooler like asus's direct CU2 cooler.

Also, what would be a good recommendation for liquid cooling case wise?
The coolermaster HAF 932 and HAF X are some great huge cases that can ne filled with all sorts of stuff.

Last question, i look to save alittle money and just get a GTX 770, i dont really need all graphics on ultra, but close would be nice. So would the 770 be able to run 3 monitors? not like 4ks obviously, probably mid range led monitors.

I have a GTX 770 my self. It's ASUS GTX 770 Direct CU2.
It can handle anything i throw at it. Plays all the latest games with high graphics and smooth frame rates.
ofcause with a resolution that covers 3 monitors are gonna take a HUGE hit in performance.

Hmm ok, well if I do go with liquid cooling, whats a good size of a Psu to have? I was going to get an 850 corsair, is that enough of an over head?

That's plenty.
Exactly what 850W PSU are you thinking about? corsair have made more PSU's that are capable of 850W.

I run nVidia Surround with a GTX 680 and it works great. The resolution seems to hit the performance more than the picture quality. Not good enough on Surround 720p for DX11 Crysis 2 and 3 but good enough for Bioshock Infinite with little tweaks.

The 680 runs almost the same as the 770, so I guess I can relate.

I believe you're thinking CPU water cooling not GPU? If so, then the gained over clocking will not help much if it is for gaming. I personally think it is not worth it, and an aftermarket professional air cooling is more than enough to keep the CPU alive for long and do good overclocking. The case is different if the over clocking is meant for programs not games.

If I were you, I would invest the water cooling cost on another GTX 770 for SLI. Even in this case, make sure the VRAM is at least 3GB each.

Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom