Was going to build a new comp, then I saw this. Need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjwilley

Beta member
Well, I decided it was time for me to build a new comp from the ground up. As I was doing some searches and I came across http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ Here's what they have to offer:

$1200
X-Cruiser Mid-Tower case
500 watt power supply
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 socket AM2
coolermaster liquid cpu cooling fan
2 extra case fans
Abit KN9 SLI nForce 570 SLI MCP chipset
2GB PC 6400 DDR2/800 corsair value select memory
Geforce 7600 GT 512MB pci express x16
150gb 10,000 RPM WD Raptor drive
16x dvd +r/+rw dual layer writer
16x dvd reader
3 free games(Half Life 2: Episode One, Age of Empires III, and Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends)
logitech keyboard
3 year warranty

and for $100 more they have the exact same setup but with:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 Ghz dual core processor
Asus P5N-SLI nForce 570 SLI Chipset LGA775 Motherboard

My budget is around $1200-1300. I do not have to worry about a monitor, speakers, audio card, keyboard, or mouse which helps quite a bit. My question is, is this a good deal for $1200-1300 or should I just build my own comp from the ground up? I play MMORPGs mostly and I usually run a lot of programs in the background. Thanks for all the help in advance!

That's not a bad deal, though building it yourself would save you a couple hundred $'s.

Having the Warranty is nice, but building one yourself is extremely rewarding.

If you are not in an enormous hurry, you could price the parts out yourself and do a comparrison.

Also, the E6400 might be the way to go...

Spend the extra $100 and get the conroe. It's worth it, it will beat out that 4200 and oc to around 3.0Ghz+

Ridlyn, is the conroe the pentium I listed?

Is there a significant difference between those two processors to be worth the extra $100? I actually do not plan to overclock a lot, if at all.

Syrillian, I have built a few comps in the past, and it is rewarding. This will actually be my first fully built comp, if I decide to go that way.

Basically, I just want to know if this is a good deal for $1200, or if I should just build from the group up. I play mostly RTS and MMORPG games, the occasional FPS but I'm not hardcore. I also usually run a lot of programs in the background when I run my games. Thanks again for all the help!

it only cost me like 500quid for my whole setup and mine will play any mmorpg so thats about 800 dollars americain and i have a better processor and hard drive so why spend all that money on pretty much the same gear

Sales1, you have an intel pent 4 3.06. You do not have a better processor. And his hard drive is also much faster than yours.

If you want to play mmorpgs and also have [alot] things running in the background - consider the intel conroe cpu. Even when you're bored, you can consider ocing it and get good results. 2 in 1=]

And yeh that is a good deal.. you can probably buy it, take some of the stuff you don't need out, sell it on ebay, find cheap upgrade parts on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom